Old 11-17-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
godchaser
Casting On

Ladybug/Petite Purls summer 2009
I am stumped on this section of this pattern. Is there anyone who can help me with a video or something. I am a new knitter who has taught myself over the internet and this is the first pattern I have attempted. Doing fine till I hit this part. HELP!!

Shoulder Seams

The right and left shoulder seams are joined with a three-needle bind off.
Before beginning the three-needle bind off, transfer the 20[22, 24, 25, 26] stitches for left and right front shoulders onto two separate larger size dpns. Leave the sts for the back on the 16 inch needle. Turn the sweater inside out so that the right sides of the work are together. Place the double-point needle holding the front shoulder stitches and the 16 inch needle holding the stitches for the sweater back in your left hand so that the needles are parallel to one another. Beginning at the armhole edge and using a larger size dpn as the working needle, knit into the first stitch on both the double-point and the 16 inch circular needle at the same time. Repeat with the second stitch on each needle. Pass the first stitch over the second as you would normally when binding off. Continue in this manner, working across all shoulder sts. Cut Color B and fasten off the last stitch.
Turn the work so that the opposite side of the sweater is facing you (RS of work are still together) and repeat with the second shoulder, working from the armhole to the neck edge. Leave the remaining back neck sts on the 16 inch needle.
godchaser is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
There's a video for the 3 needle BO on the Cast Off page.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote