Old 11-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
cclsr97
Casting On

Need Some Crochet Help
Please help....I need some crochet help....I know this is a knitting site, but I am working on a crochet project and I am a little stuck and I just started.....ok so below I will put the pattern instructions and web site so that you can see the pattern. I am stuck on Row 1 of the body where it says to [dc in next sp, dc in next dc] and leave rem sps unworked (I am making the med. size so mine would b the middle set of numbers.
website http://www.coatsandclark.com/crafts/...+front+top.htm

BODY-Row 1: With right side facing, skip 55
ch-1 sps, join thread in next dc; ch 3, [dc in next
sp, dc in next dc] 67 (72, 77) times; turn leaving
rem sps unworked – 135 (145, 155) sts.

I have made the ties and started on the first row of the body and I [i]think[i] I'm doing it right, but either I'm not counting the right spaces or I'm just REALLY not doing it right because my numbers aren't coming out right to what they say they should be.

PLEASE HELP
cclsr97 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-20-2010, 11:24 PM   #2
knitcindy
Turning the Heel

The only place I can see where you might be having difficulty is where you should "join thread in next dc". After you count over 55 ch 1 spaces, then make VERY SURE you are joining the yarn in the next dc; NOT the next ch 1 space. AND when you are counting the total number of stitches when you get to the end of the row, be sure to count the initial ch 3 as 1 dc.

How many stitches "off" are you when you are doing this? What I mean is, are you just a few over/under or a lot???

Let me know,
knitcindy
knitcindy is offline   Reply With Quote