Old 12-01-2010, 06:37 AM   #1
egl
Casting On

converting a pattern
Is there a way to convert a pattern written up for Petite sizes, to regular sizes??
I have a sweater pattern I want to do but it is in Petite sizes

??
egl is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-01-2010, 07:19 AM   #2
hyperactive
Working the Gusset

well, possible, yes. But depending on the pattern it may be little or a lot of work. The answer is not just simple.

Can you post a link to the pattern? Or can you provide a picture (maybe scanned) at least? That would help to evaluate the amount of change that needs to be done - or maybe someone knows a pattern just like it, or anything.

If your pattern can be found on libraries like Ravelry, maybe someone has made it in a different size before?

I have been away from the forum for a bit, but I am still around!
hyperactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:58 AM   #3
egl
Casting On

Originally Posted by hyperactive View Post
well, possible, yes. But depending on the pattern it may be little or a lot of work. The answer is not just simple.

Can you post a link to the pattern? Or can you provide a picture (maybe scanned) at least? That would help to evaluate the amount of change that needs to be done - or maybe someone knows a pattern just like it, or anything.

If your pattern can be found on libraries like Ravelry, maybe someone has made it in a different size before?
I dont know if you know of the book "25 gorgeous sweaters" by Catherine Ham. I love the pattern for the "Cozy Cardigan"
It was a book I found at my local library, and being still new to knitting I dont know how I would make the pattern bigger to fit a reguar Small. Med. Large size. I was thinking by adding 20 or 30 extra stitches to the all around pattern. dont know if that would work...?
Old 12-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #4
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Yes a specific pattern does help. I found a link to it here on page 35. It does give S M and L sizes though, not just petite. The numbers in the () show sts and measurments for the different sizes. Do you know what you want your finished measurement to be?

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:47 AM   #5
egl
Casting On

cozy cardigan
Originally Posted by suzeeq View Post
Yes a specific pattern does help. I found a link to it here on page 35. It does give S M and L sizes though, not just petite. The numbers in the () show sts and measurments for the different sizes. Do you know what you want your finished measurement to be?
I wasnt sure if those numbers were for petite small Med Large or reg small med large Thanks for clafiying that
Old 12-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #6
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Petite is just a size that's smaller than Small. Some patterns would have XSm Sm Med and L.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #7
egl
Casting On

Originally Posted by suzeeq View Post
Petite is just a size that's smaller than Small. Some patterns would have XSm Sm Med and L.
Thank you for clarifying that