Old 12-03-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
jaesullivan
Casting On

Spring Time In Philadelphia beret
I need help desperately reading this chart,
http://www.kelbournewoolens.com/cano...phiaCanopy.pdf

It took me ages to figure out what the hell no stich meant. But, I am still lost and cannot figure out. How to read this Chart. Maybe I am a big newb I don't know but it does not make sense to me. Here is my dilemma.
"CO 6 Stiches
Set-Up Rows:
Row A: *K1 f&b, pm; rep from * 6 times. (12 sts)
Row B: Knit all sts.

and Directions go on to say.
Chart:
Follow chart as written, reading from Right to Left. The stitches shown on the chart
represent 1/6 of the total number of stitches in each row, designated by the placed
markers. You will work each section six times per row. The stitch count shown in the right
column represents the number of stitches in one section."

The part I am Confused on is. if you look at the chart there are supposed to be 4 stiches per section but there are 12 stiches on the needle and 2 stiches per section. And, I don't understand what it means by doing each section on the row 6 times? its just all confusing if someone can break this down for me. i would very much appreciate it
jaesullivan is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-03-2010, 06:19 PM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
After you do Row A you have 12 sts which gives you 2 sts between markers, then work Row B. On Row 1 of the chart you YO k Yo K six times. That starts with 2 sts and a YO before each one; the YO doesn't use a stitch, it's just a wrap between the sts. That gives you 24 sts or 4 in each section; The numbers on the right edge of the chart are how many sts you have at the end of each round, not how many you start with. They probably should have been put at the other edge of the chart. Row 3 uses those 4 sts by k1, YO k YO in the next st, k2 for each section. And so on.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote