Old 12-29-2010, 03:22 PM   #21
sheldon
KH Geek
Site Admin

Thanked 1,484 Times in 529 Posts
Originally Posted by chj View Post
Ha! I have been going back and forth about getting a Netbook or an iPad. I was thinking, if I had an iPad, then I could have it with my knitting and if I needed to reference a video, I wouldn't have to knit in front of the computer. Then I thought, I wonder if knittingHelp works with the iPad? So I did a search, and voila - here is my answer! If I get one, I'll let you know how it works. Thanks!
The website does work on the iPad and iPhone. When I got an iPad in May it was a priority to get the videos to work. I had hoped to make it Android friendly too, but it looks like Android has limited website video support. So that's on hold ;(

The KnittingHelp.com iPhone application will work on both iPhone and iPad, however it will display in windowed display on the iPad. We are working on making it sized for the iPad and that should be ready next month.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-31-2010, 04:54 PM   #22
Ronda
Instepping Out

Send a message via MSN to Ronda Send a message via Yahoo to Ronda
I just bought a Nook Color. I'm in love but it would be better if videos worked! I did some Googling, and it appears that maybe next month an update will be released to address this issue. I will be tickled pink if that happens! Then my Nook will be just perfect!
Old 01-02-2011, 04:03 PM   #23
sheldon
KH Geek
Site Admin

Right now, the videos on this website will work on desktop computers (using flash video) and iOS devices (iPhone, iPod, iPad) using MP4 video. No promises on anything else. I am hoping to introduce some additional formats that will address video playback on other devices. However, standards thus far have been fairly elusive when it comes to mobile video. Apple has been promoting HTML5/H264 video, and Google seems to be heading there with Android as well. I am hoping that the mobile makers will put their heads together and agree upon one video format that works across all devices. That will probably happen, but my guess is it will take some time.

Originally Posted by Ronda View Post
I just bought a Nook Color. I'm in love but it would be better if videos worked! I did some Googling, and it appears that maybe next month an update will be released to address this issue. I will be tickled pink if that happens! Then my Nook will be just perfect!
The Following User Says Thank You to sheldon For This Useful Post:
Ronda (01-04-2011)
Old 01-02-2011, 05:11 PM   #24
TrikkeAddict
1st Leg of the Journey

I bought your app, whether I needed it or not!!! But I felt it was my duty to support you in your efforts since I love this website!!! I have an iPad and iPod Touch, so I'll be covered no matter which device I have beside me!!

Susan

OTN - afghan for DH (undid it for the 3rd time and started another pattern), baby sweater, hooded sweater jacket for me!!
TrikkeAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #25
sheldon
KH Geek
Site Admin

Originally Posted by TrikkeAddict View Post
I bought your app, whether I needed it or not!!! But I felt it was my duty to support you in your efforts since I love this website!!! I have an iPad and iPod Touch, so I'll be covered no matter which device I have beside me!!

Susan
Thanks so much! Amy and I appreciate it! You should be able to buy the app once and install it to both the iPad and iPod Touch provided you are using the same iTunes account. Later this month we hope to release an update that will make the app full size on the ipad.

If you have a moment, please visit the app store and leave a rating and a review. It helps people determine if the app is right for them. I also enjoy reading them.