Old 12-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
joulesb
Ribbing the Cuff

how knit 2 things at once on 2 circs - cast on
ive been trying to make soem fingerless mittens for my dd who is 2.5 so i cast on 32 stitches and using 2 circs have been knitting in the round with a 2x2 rib pattern.

i was wondering how to do 2 at the same time on 2 circs. i know this is possible as i see references to it about sock kniting. i can also visualse how to knit them in the round after i have got started. however i cant visualse how i would cast on and get everything set up so i can knit in the round both at the same time.

does anyone know of a good tutorial or video. i did look at silvers sock class but just got confused.

thanks
joulesb is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
dturner
Turning the Heel

The book by Antje Gillingham, Knitting Circles Around Socks, has excellent photographs of how to CO and set up your needles for knitting two socks at a time. I know that you're knitting mittens, but the set-up would be the same. I learned 2 on 2 knitting using this book.
dturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:44 AM   #3
RuthieinMaryland
Turning the Heel

Location: I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland - GREAT steamed crab country! :o)
Hi!

Melissa Morgan-Oakes has done a wonderful book on kniting two socks at the same time on one long circular needle (40"). I've used her method to do leg warmers, sleeves, fingerless gloves and so on. Anything you need two of you can use this method for and it's WONDERFUL. I found it much easier to work with just the one needle rather than two.

I think you might like this once you get familiar with it!

Hope this helps!

Ruthie
Old 12-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #4
Mirl56
Instepping Out

Here's a couple on-line tuts for 2 at a time on 2

http://www.socknitters.com/2circs/index.htm
http://weebleknits.net/twocirculars.html

Mirl56 at Ravelry, too.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You canít live long enough to make them all yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt

OTN:
Lady Feb Sweater
more shawlettes, socks
Mirl56 is offline   Reply With Quote