Thank you for your reply but I gave up and designed my own. I doubt that it's as good as the ones I saw pictured but it will do.
I can't tell you how many times I ripped the whole thing back to the ribbing... but it was worth it in the end. It should at least keep the fellow warm as he works in the oil fields of Alberta.
I added a crochetted line in black around the edges of the front and back bibs.
I've, hopefully, attached a pic or 2 to show. or not... gotta find out how...
In any case, it was very simple... I cast on 70 sts, evened them out on 3 dpn and did K1,P1 for about 4", then added 10 more stitches evenly on the rows for the last rib. Then I divided up the 80sts, putting 40 of them (the back stitches) on a st holder and doing a stocking stitch on the 40 front sts.
Once they were done I took the 40 sts off the stitch holder and st. st'd them the same only making a smaller bib (I was getting bored with this project by then)
Then I decided to do the crochet around the edges of the bibs formed by the st. st. and it looks quite nice. I also blocked it using a spray and a heavy book. Came out great!
I used worsted weight and size 5mm dpn and straights.