Old 12-14-2010, 01:12 AM   #1
gatonegro
Casting On

I want to knit a few rows and purl a few rows...
I am brand new to knitting and practicing the knit and purl stitch by making a small blanket for my cat.

I want the right side of the blanket to have a pattern of few rows of garter stitch and then few rows of stocking stitch. The first few times I switched from the knit stitch to the purl stitch the stocking stitch was alway on the right side. The last time I switched stitching the stocking stitch ended up on the wrong side.

Should I switch stitches when my knit stitch is facing me or facing away?

Thanks knitting friends = ^ )
gatonegro is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-14-2010, 01:15 AM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
When you want to switch back to the garter, knit a row that has the purls facing you. Then when you switch back to the stockinette, purl the row on the same side. You might want to place a pin or piece of yarn on the knit rows of the stockinette to mark that as the right side.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
gatonegro (12-15-2010)