Old 12-31-2010, 07:58 PM   #81
crazykntter83
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to crazykntter83
I'll be joining you guys. My gf is ILL with her dad for the holiday, so I'm all alone and don't have any plans. It'll be fun to knit with you guys. I'll just be working on my scarf this year, because I just now got the hang of the purl stitch, and I don't know if I'd be able to handle other colors yet lol

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-31-2010, 08:00 PM   #82
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Happy New Year!

rachejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:54 PM   #83
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Originally Posted by DorothyDot View Post
YES!! Oh, I am SO glad this is happening!.....I'll see y'all here!...........Dot
Welcome back to the party, Dot!
Sorry your DH is having health issues, but I'm glad you can join us again for our annual get-together.

Originally Posted by rachejm View Post
Hi all, Its 22:36 here, fireworks are going off already. I think I'm the only one in the house still up!
.............Do you think its ok to stop and knit now? I've done some work so shouldn't feel too guilty about knitting in the new year right?
Your New Year celebration is much earlier than ours! I hope it was wonderful and exciting. Too bad you have to work on a paper during all the festivities. You DEFINITELY deserve to take knitting breaks to get you through it, my friend.

Originally Posted by knitpurlgurl View Post
OMGosh - I just realized it says from 11:30p EST - 3:30a EST. I don't think I can stay awake that long.
It's a drop-in party. Just come by anytime, and spend some time with us. I think I'm the only one that will be here for the whole thing.

Originally Posted by gmmarton View Post
Thanks for setting this up for us, Shandeh. I'm not sure I'll still be awake, but if I am, I will surely jump in...
I hope we get to see you, my good friend!

Originally Posted by crazykntter83 View Post
I'll be joining you guys. My gf is ILL with her dad for the holiday, so I'm all alone and don't have any plans.
Welcome to the party!
No worries on the color changes. Just knit the coffee sleeve all in one color, then you can add the colorful decorations later with duplicate stitch.

Originally Posted by rachejm View Post
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year, Rachejm!!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:58 PM   #84
DorothyDot
Knitting the Flap

It's great to be here! Happy New Year, everyone!

(Just wish I didn't have to keep hitting that "refresh" button to see new posts.)

Dot

My words sell the Magic of a Dream

DorothyDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:06 PM   #85
DorothyDot
Knitting the Flap

Right now I'm finishing off 3 pom-poms. They'll go atop 2 golf-club covers and 1 matching hat for a friend of mine. Just imagine, now she'll match her golf clubs!

But she bought the yarn, so I knitted/crocheted them up.

Dot

Anyone else? - What'cha working on, right now!?

Old 12-31-2010, 09:09 PM   #86
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Right now I'm finishing off 3 pom-poms........Anyone else? - What'cha working on, right now!?
I'm making some black and blue dishcloths for my oldest son. (His choice for colors) He just moved into his first apartment, and I told him I would make some dishcloths for him. I started the first one last night, and it looks like a Carolina Panthers cloth.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:25 PM   #87
sgtpam
Turning the Heel

2011 Dishcloth Pattern
I started my New Year knitting last night...had to get my annual New Year Dishcloth done before I could work on my Party Knit.
The first year I joined KH was 2009 and Sandy hosted our party with a simple 2009 dishcloth pattern. Last year I changed it for 2010 and added a star. This year, I didn’t think about it soon enough for tonight…so, I only had time to change the year (kept the star).

I know that I wasn’t confident enough my first year for the color work, so…if you want a simple knit for tonight, your welcome to my pattern. It’s written as an Excel Spreadsheet (‘cause that’s the way I like it ). It’s written straight-forward (I think)…just like you would read any spreadsheet. You’ll notice that every even row is a knit row.

Sorry for the poor picture quality…I didn’t get home early enough to take it outside with good light. Post if you have a question on how to read it.

Now……I’m ready to get started on the great coffee/drink sleeve pattern Sandy gave us! Thanks again, Sandy…you’re still the best!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Green 2011.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	55077  

sgtpam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sgtpam For This Useful Post:
Shandeh (12-31-2010)
Old 12-31-2010, 09:25 PM   #88
DorothyDot
Knitting the Flap

Black and blue washcloths... sounds like they lost the last round and got totally pounded. :-)

I love making washcloths... kind of brainless knitting; I can read my Kindle while making them!

Old 12-31-2010, 09:25 PM   #89
jbarr5
Casting On

happy new year to all
and keep on knitting . found out today the local nursing home i do knitting for this year at their chrstmas bazaar instead of the normal $1800 they made $3600 cuz of all my knitting for them! woohoo! for the residents, they get to do more things now :}
jbarr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:30 PM   #90
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Originally Posted by sgtpam View Post
I started my New Year knitting last night...had to get my annual New Year Dishcloth done before I could work on my Party Knit.....
Hi Pam!
Thanks for the kudos on our annual KAL and party. We always have a fun, relaxing, silly time, don't we?

I think it's cool that you make changes each year to that dishcloth pattern. How smart you are!

Black and blue washcloths... sounds like they lost the last round and got totally pounded. :-)
Pretty accurate this year, eh?

Originally Posted by jbarr5 View Post
found out today the local nursing home i do knitting for this year at their chrstmas bazaar instead of the normal $1800 they made $3600 cuz of all my knitting for them! woohoo! for the residents, they get to do more things now :}

Way to go!