Old 01-08-2011, 08:48 AM   #21
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
I wear magnetic bracelets on both wrists to circumvent repetitve motion problems. Magnetics help with circulation. If you have access to any mag bracelets, give them a try!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #22
crazykntter83
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to crazykntter83
Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
I wear magnetic bracelets on both wrists to circumvent repetitve motion problems. Magnetics help with circulation. If you have access to any mag bracelets, give them a try!
hmmmmm, that's a really great idea! I'll have to give them a try!!
Old 01-11-2011, 02:20 AM   #23
stanncie
Casting On

Thank you all for your helpful comments. I thought I would update this thread. I stopped knitting for about 4 days and just did my cross stitch stuff.

I started up again around 3 days ago and I'm having less and less pain. I almost mastered the continental style and this has helped a lot. As soon as I feel pain i stop and rest for a while until it's gone.

I'm almost a third of the way on my first scarf and it's coming along very nicely. I'm so excited to finish my first project but i I will not rush it i promise.
stanncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #24
Lisa R.
Turning the Heel

I haven't read the entire thread, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating. You might google "tendonitis" and look for some stretches and massage techniques.

Several of us in my family struggle with this, some from playing musical instruments, and me from knitting. It's also known as "tennis elbow," so you can google that as well.

Once you are healed, you should learn to be aware of your movements and tension levels so you don't aggravate the situation. If you're going to be knitting for long periods of time, try wearing a tennis elbow support (found at most pharmacies, Wal-mart, grocery stores, etc). Be sure to take lots of stretching breaks when knitting, so your muscles have a chance to relax.

It's a repetitive motion injury, so taking a break from the repetition can help a lot.

I'm Knittermom9 on Ravelry
Lisa R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:48 AM   #25
MLM
Casting On

Knitting pain
You might want to try the knitting gloves that are available at craft stores. I have a pair & find they are helpful. I tend to get more pain next to my left shoulder blade. I'm a Continental knitter & the twisting of my wrist affects that muscle in my back. Don't know what I can do about that other than rest. Try the gloves.
MLM is offline   Reply With Quote