Old 01-05-2011, 01:24 AM   #21
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,906 Posts
If you want to add "Charity Knitting" to your list of knitting resolutions, here is a quick project for you. Baby Hats for this charity are due before the end of February.
Save the Children - Caps for Good
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #22
Mokumegane
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Mokumegane Send a message via MSN to Mokumegane Send a message via Yahoo to Mokumegane
Originally Posted by Shandeh View Post
(snip)

As for me, I resolve to finish up all the projects I've still got on the needles. (A HUGE task!)

I might have to hire some pinch knitters.
:: raises hand :: I'll knit for you! Maybe my resolution will be that I start making Christmas presents before summer is over... It gets hectic near Christmastime!
Mokumegane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:19 PM   #23
nerbatron
Casting On

Socks: I am trying toe up and am fine until I get to the heel
Cables: I just got cable tools as a free gift when I ordered some needles, I took it as a sign that I needed to learn.
Finish two of the blankets I have in progress and work on booties for a friend's baby due in May.
Softies: try a couple I'm thinking they aren't as hard as they look
nerbatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:51 PM   #24
crazykntter83
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to crazykntter83
Originally Posted by nerbatron View Post
Socks: I am trying toe up and am fine until I get to the heel
Cables: I just got cable tools as a free gift when I ordered some needles, I took it as a sign that I needed to learn.
Finish two of the blankets I have in progress and work on booties for a friend's baby due in May.
Softies: try a couple I'm thinking they aren't as hard as they look
If you have them, you might find that dpns work as a better cable needle. I recently started working on cables for the first time, and I found that I really didn't like the cable needle. I find that a dpn a few sizes smaller than my knitting needle works a lot better for me. Either way it goes, good luck!!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #25
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

1. Use up some stash yarn - its getting a little unmanageable and I want to tackle it before it gets any worse!
2. Finish my long neglected Log Cabin blanket.
3. Knit a sweater number 2 - I did one a couple of years ago, recently found a couple of patterns that I love!
4. Knit some Christmas gifts - didn't have time to do any this year so I thought I'd get an early start!

rachejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #26
Mokumegane
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Mokumegane Send a message via MSN to Mokumegane Send a message via Yahoo to Mokumegane
Originally Posted by crazykntter83 View Post
If you have them, you might find that dpns work as a better cable needle. I recently started working on cables for the first time, and I found that I really didn't like the cable needle. I find that a dpn a few sizes smaller than my knitting needle works a lot better for me. Either way it goes, good luck!!
I find that I like the cable needles that are more like a safety pin- lock into place and there's NO way it'll come out. However, I take knitting everywhere and all, so there's always a chance during travel that the stuff will work its way out. As for doing a cable pattern- bite the bullet because you know you'll love it! It's not that hard to do... the worst stuff is when you get a complicated pattern. Those look nice but aren't the best first project. Just a simple six stitch cable or something would suffice, really, to get going...
Mokumegane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #27
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
I want to get my mojo back! I NEED to get my mojo back!

I've found a knitting group and I believe next week is the first meeting of the year. Perhaps this will help me get my mojo back!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The.Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #28
crazykntter83
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Mokumegane View Post
I find that I like the cable needles that are more like a safety pin- lock into place and there's NO way it'll come out. However, I take knitting everywhere and all, so there's always a chance during travel that the stuff will work its way out. As for doing a cable pattern- bite the bullet because you know you'll love it! It's not that hard to do... the worst stuff is when you get a complicated pattern. Those look nice but aren't the best first project. Just a simple six stitch cable or something would suffice, really, to get going...
Yeah, that probably would be best for a traveling knitter. I mainly just stay at home with my knitting, and sometimes go to my gf's mom's house, but I just sit on the couch and knit lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to crazykntter83 For This Useful Post:
thisisme7899 (01-05-2011)
Old 01-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #29
thisisme7899
Ribbing the Cuff

2011 New Year knitting Resolution
I am making dishclothes for EVERYONE in my family! I want to be able to give back to all of the family members that have bought me things and givin me things for the last... 15 years of my life!
I am also going to try to learn how to do this pattern in the book "toys to crochet". It is a cow, and a horse. What I'm trying to figure out is how to "chain 5sc into 2nd chain from hook" Any help?
Old 01-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #30
crazykntter83
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by thisisme7899 View Post
I am making dishclothes for EVERYONE in my family! I want to be able to give back to all of the family members that have bought me things and givin me things for the last... 15 years of my life!
I am also going to try to learn how to do this pattern in the book "toys to crochet". It is a cow, and a horse. What I'm trying to figure out is how to "chain 5sc into 2nd chain from hook" Any help?
That's crochet. You'll need a crochet hook and some yarn. You're going to make 5 chains(ch), and make a single crochet(sc) in the the second chain from your hook. Hope that helped some.