Old 01-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #11
crazykntter83
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to crazykntter83
The only reason that I have a moment to knit is bc I don't have a job right now, unfortunately. I am very grateful to have the time to knit, though.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #12
Mokumegane
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Mokumegane Send a message via MSN to Mokumegane Send a message via Yahoo to Mokumegane
Man, I wish my ritual wasn't a ritual... I spend the first 45 minutes of my day yelling at my daughter to get up and dressed for school (if you let her, she'll easily sleep twelve hours straight) because... I found out that the calmer way doesn't budge her... ugh! Then, I freeze my butt off outside with her waiting for the bus. If I'm feeling good enough, I knit out there. At least I figured it out and know we'll be out there for five minutes or less, though. After that, depending on how hungry I am or if I feel especially dirty, I decide to shower and eat or not, then knitting. If I don't eat or shower straight off, I do it a few hours later. When my arthritis is really bad, I skip the shower, eating and knitting and either type on the computer to help limber my fingers some or lay in bed, moaning in pain... Ugh, I can't wait for winter and the imbalance in the weather to stop... that's for sure!
Mokumegane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #13
TrueIconoclast
1st Leg of the Journey

Well, I wake up about 3 times to an alarm before I actually get up (I set 3 alarms spaced 30 minutes apart, my medication makes it really hard for me to wake up). If my fiance has brought coffee home (he wakes up long before me), then I chug it right in the bed. If not, I either make tea or gulp soda just to get my body moving. Then, I make myself some coffee to get my mind moving. If I have school that day, chances are I also have some homework to do before I leave for class. If I don't have school/homework, I usually check facebook, the forums, etc, and then either head to school or stay right where I am for a while.

Go on to run any errands that I might have that day, whether it be going shopping or making calls. Then I eat, spend some more time on the internet, and knit from about 5 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely." - John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton
http://www.ravelry.com/people/TrueIconoclast

TrueIconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #14
crazykntter83
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to crazykntter83
You sound like me waking up in the morning. It takes me at least 3 alarms to get up, except there's no medicine involved lol!!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #15
TrueIconoclast
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by crazykntter83 View Post
You sound like me waking up in the morning. It takes me at least 3 alarms to get up, except there's no medicine involved lol!!

LOL!!! To be honest, I think I just use the medication as an alibi. I do have to admit, for my entire life I've ALWAYS hated waking up lol

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely." - John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton
http://www.ravelry.com/people/TrueIconoclast

TrueIconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #16
TEMA
Turning the Heel

I don't think I have a ritual in the morning but I certainly do in the evening. My darling hubby goes to bed between 7:30 and 9:00 o'clock at night and even tho' I've been knitting most of the day (on a good day, that is), I get right into it once he is sound asleep.
The first thing I do is get ready for bed... very important as I won't feel like doing it all later... nighty on, face washed, teeth brushed and flossed...
Then I find something on t.v. that I like the look of... something from the history channel is good. Then I make sure I have two glasses of cold water on the little table by my recliner, toss the working yarn ball into the largish bowl on the floor so the yarn will ravel properly and smoothly off the ball. My quilt is nearby incase I get cold and then I'm in my recliner, needles in hand and knitting to my heart's content until I can't keep my eyes open any longer.
Then, all I have to do is put the knitting down on top of the yarn in the bowl, turn off the lights and go to bed.
I'm lucky if I make it there and one piece... thank goodness, I'm all ready!
TEMA

OTN: Easy top-down pull-over..
And, for later... a long braid from my little Knitting Nancy to make art out of when the chance hits...
TEMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #17
Daylilydayzed
Turning the Heel

My morning ritual is this:
Get up at 6:00 am, get dressed
6:10 get my medicine, get my cereal ready.
By 6:15, I am con computer reading emails while I take meds and eat my breakfast.
By 6:40 I fix the bag I take out side with me, 6:45 brushing my teeth and finish getting my uniform ready to walk out door : getting vest and hat and jacket if needed. 6 :55 AM I am out side at my crossing guard duty station, I am out there till 8:15 am. After that I am free to knit or do any thing I choose, until 2 pm. Then I repeat getting ready to be out on my crossing by 2:25 pm
Old 01-07-2011, 12:20 AM   #18
luvmykid28
Turning the Heel

My knitting ritual starts at 2:15 every afternoon during the school year. I go to pick up my DD and get there about 30 minutes early so I can get a good spot in the pick up line. I pull out my needles, find a knitting podcast on my iphone and start knitting while I listen.

I don't really get to knit again until after 9:00 when DD goes to bed. Then I knit until about 11 or 12:00 (sometimes 1am) until DH says we should really go to bed. I reluctantly get up from my spot, check Facebook and KH one last time, then get ready for bed. Some nights I get to knti while we are watching TV as a family.

On the weekends I get a lot of knitting done, cause DH works on his hotrods and DD plays with friends.

I wish I could knit during the day while I having lunch, but I get too wrapped up in my knitting to put it down. So I don't even tempt myself.

I have three passions:
1. My husband
2. My daughter
3. Knitting
Everything else can wait.
luvmykid28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #19
buttonbumper
Casting On

I just started knitting and i love it so I have taken to knitting and drinking my coffee in the morning! usually I get up and make breakfast for my 2 yold and 1 yold then i make some coffee and while they watch cartoons I knit. Knitting is wonderful for watching the girls because I can sit on the couch and I don't have to set up this whole sewing machine and sewing area! Its wonderful!
buttonbumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #20
HSRCampbell
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by Mokumegane View Post
Man, I wish my ritual wasn't a ritual... I spend the first 45 minutes of my day yelling at my daughter to get up and dressed for school (if you let her, she'll easily sleep twelve hours straight) because... I found out that the calmer way doesn't budge her... ugh!
(snip)
Kids generally do need about 12 hours of sleep, only slightly less when they're teenagers, which is why an 8am school makes no sense. It would make more sense to have school start at 10am, and have kids' bedtimes at 9. Don't feel bad about your parenting (or about your DD) if your DD sleeps in, she probably needs it and just doesn't have enough time for it.
HSRCampbell is offline   Reply With Quote