Old 01-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
angels4mary
Casting On

Is it me or the pattern that is wrong?
I have a new pattern book called 60 Quick Knits 20 hats, 20 scarves,20 mittens in cascade 220. I am attempting to knit a scarf from the pattern 12 named Cables and Wraps Scarf. Each time I knit the first row of the pattern stitch I have stitches left over. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Pattern rows based on multiple of 18 stitches plus 5. Cast on 41 stitches.Here is the pattern row.

Row 1(RS) P1,*k1, inc in next st, (inc is listed in glossary as ( k1,yo,k1) in st-2sts increased) k1 p2, k1 tbl, p2, k1, k3tog, k1, p2, k1 tbl, p2:rep from*once more, end k1,inc in next stitch, k1,p1.

I really hope someone out there would take a look at this for me to see if it actually works. I have tried this over and over with the same results. I am pretty sure I am doing the stitches correctly but something is NOT working. Thanks for your consideration.
I am new to the site and posted under introduce yourself as well...not sure if I should have posted there or here so I have reposted. Thanks
angels4mary is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Hi, glad you found the right forum for continued questions on your pattern.

Here's what I wrote on the other thread -

Just do it st by st, actually, when you've finished a row and it doesn't come out right, go back to the beginning and name the sts, sometimes you can find out where you're off easier that way.

So you name them p, inc, (which is 3 sts), k, 2 p, twisted knit, 2 p, k, dec, k, p 2, twist k, 2p, k, dble inc, k, 2 p, twist knit, etc and the last 6 sts are k dble inc (3) k p.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote