Old 01-07-2011, 12:31 AM   #1
Moabi
Casting On

Debbie Bliss Teddy Bear Pattern
Hi, I'm new to this site. I'm traveling and knitting a teddy bear for my friend's baby due in February. I took a copy of the instructions for the bear but not a picture of it, as I had knit it once before about 10 years ago. But my memory stinks and I need to see a picture of it without having to buy the book again! Does anyone out there have a copy of the Debbie Bliss book "Teddy Bears 25 Irresistible Designs for Knitted Bears"?. If you do, could you scan a copy of page 14 which has a picture of "small tweed bear in jacket". I'm working on this bear and I need to see the face as I'm not happy with my results - the instructions are not detailed enough without a reference picture. Thanks so much if anyone can help!
Moabi is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
If you sign up for Ravelry, you might be able to see a picture or one of the FO there in the patterns.

Yes, I found pictures from the book, you can find them here.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
Moabi (01-07-2011)
Old 01-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #3
Moabi
Casting On

Hi Sue-knitting heretic. I can't believe how fast you answered and I can't thank you enough for your inventive idea on viewing a picture of the bear at Ravelry but I do belong to Ravelry and thought to check that site before coming to this one. Unfortunately the small tweed bear with jacket there is not the same bear but is the same jacket. someone must have liked the jacket but switched bears and the head is quite different on mine. Oh well, I've tried several things, libraries, book stores, Amazon, etc. without luck. Worse things have happened. Can't thank you enough! By the way neighbor, I'm from Montana.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #4
suzeeq
Knit On!

Where are you in MT? I've thought of moving there.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
Moabi
Casting On

We're at the bottom end of the Bitterroot Valley, that's on the south western end of Montana. We're 100 miles south of Missoula and 75 miles north of Salmon, Idaho. It's beautiful but isolated. Where are you?
I just have to tell you thanks one more time and also tell you that I just came up with one more idea and it worked. There was a copy of the book at a library that didn't lend for some unknown reason but I just called them and asked if they would copy a page for me if I sent them an envelope and the money and they're going to do it! Yeah! So thanks so much for your help.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #6
suzeeq
Knit On!

Hamilton...? I know W mt pretty well and have actually been there but it was about 25 yrs ago. A friend of mine was the superintendent there a few years ago, or may be still.

I lived in way N Idaho over 20 years, 50 miles south of Canada; right now I'm in Casper WY.