Old 01-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
RuthieinMaryland
Turning the Heel

Location: I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland - GREAT steamed crab country! :o)
1 oz yarn, 2 hours knitting to help save a life...
Hi! ,

Shandeh let us know about this program during the New Year's Eve celebration. It involves knitted caps for underweight newborns around the world who are struggling to survive.

http://www.goodgoes.org/caps?msource...110#&slider1=1

How incredible is it that we can take our knitting skills, something we all love to do, and for a minimal investment of time and materials actually help save the life of a tiny little newborn!

We are so lucky to have the gift of our skills and so fortunate to be able to give that gift to these little ones who need it so desperately! We're talking perhaps the difference between life and death! Or at the very least some much-needed comfort as they struggle to survive and thrive.

I downloaded the basic pattern for the caps which was written to be knitted flat and which I altered so that I could knit them in the round. I stuck with mainly plain but colorful caps with some embellishment just to dress them up a bit, but kept it simple since I wanted to do 12 - my "darlings' dozen" for the 12 little darlings I hope to help! I'm starting my 12th cap tonight and will post pictures when they're all done.

I'd like to invite you to participate in this lovely, life-enhancing program. It runs only until February 28 through Save the Children and I think it would be AWESOME if we could, as a group, respond wholeheartedly to the need. One, two, three....however many you have the time and resources to do will be appreciated, I'm sure. And if anyone wants to make their own "darlings' dozen" for their own little darlings, I'm the first in line to say YAY!

Bless you all and have a wonderful new year!

Hugs,

Ruthie

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!