Old 01-20-2011, 02:48 AM   #1
Lillibet
Casting On

Need help joining yarn to unworked row...
Hi!
I am new to knitting and am wondering if someone could help me...

I am knitting a jumper and have almost finished the front side. I have done the right hand side of the collar/shoulder section and now have to cast off the right side and join the yarn to the remaining stiches on the left (toform the left side of the collar/shoulder area) I'm just not sure how this join happens...

I tried to put a link to the pattern on but can't, sorry. Hope someone can still help!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Lillibet.
Lillibet is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-20-2011, 03:28 AM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
Due to an influx of spammers in recent weeks they changed the posting of links for new members. After you've posted a few times you shouldn't have any problem. Even a pattern name is helpful, too.

To join a new yarn you just start knitting with it and then you can weave in the ends later. If the loose end bothers you you can weave it in sooner or tie it loosely to the other yarn if there is one and then fix it later.

Welcome to Knitting Help!!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:12 AM   #3
Lillibet
Casting On

Thanks!
Thanks so much!! Now I can continue... I was going through withdrawals not being able to continue. I think this site is going to be my new fave!!
Lillibet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
You're welcome! Yay! We can always use new members!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:18 AM   #5
thisisme7899
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
You're welcome! Yay! We can always use new members!
That's for sure! I'm glad someone was able to help u! You can also just twist the two strings together several times, and tightly work it into the pattern by knitting it! It works sometimes, but not always

Last edited by thisisme7899 : 01-21-2011 at 09:20 AM. Reason: new thought
thisisme7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #6
Mokumegane
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Mokumegane Send a message via MSN to Mokumegane Send a message via Yahoo to Mokumegane
Yay, more people... who don't spam! Lol... Yeah, where did those spammers come from anyway... the woodwork, yarn pile or roving pile? I was turned away and didn't see...

Anyway, welcome and glad you can now continue with your knitting! Post a few times so you can start doing links but until then, if you need to mention a pattern, just give the name and the site name you found it. If you have problems finding knitting stuff to post about, we have a lounge where you can post anything you want... how you're sick of snow, had a bad day, watched something interesting on tv, etc.
Mokumegane is offline   Reply With Quote