Old 02-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #11
TekoaKnits
Casting On

You're right about playing sports - kinda.
When I was a little girl I did soccer, karate and archery. Then when I turned 8 I started Ballet and did ballet up until I moved here to VA 3 years ago. I still dance at church, but lately my shoulder pains have been preventing me from dancing. I've injured myself quite a bit in ballet classes - between a fractured left ankle, sprained right ankle, back issues and many hours of pointe, I'm not new to injuries. Just knitting injuries, lol!
The rotator cuff injury I got while working out when I was 13. I lifted weights that were to heavy for me and since then I have to be careful about how heavy my shoulder bag is, or just wear a messenger bag. A month ago I had to wear a sling for a few weeks because it hurt for my shoulder to hang - which of course made house work and knitting VERY difficult.
As to the cold hands, yes I have a hard time working with cold foods. It's like my fingers get so stiff I can hardly bend them! Bleh.
I may have to mention that to my Dr.

I'll find a picture of our Zoey girl and post it here for you :-)

Thanks for the tips and I guess after I'm done with my socks, I'll make a matching pair of fingerless gloves :-) Yay! I can't wait!
She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come." Proverbs 31:24-25
TekoaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #12
TekoaKnits
Casting On

Our smiling Zoey girl
Zoey is the only dog I've ever seen smile. It's hard to get a picture of her smiling, but you can just whisper in her ear and she smiles. She loves stretching over hubby and I in the mornings, we call her staple. 'cause she 'staples' us together :-) hehe.
I make her dog food. But she insists that I or hubby sit with her to eat, and while she's eating she HAS to play with her ball too! Throw the ball, comes back eats a little... waits for the ball to be thrown again... throws the ball, goes gets it... eats a little more... It's taken her 30 minutes before for her to eat her food! Silly dog.
The Jack Russel in her comes out when she plays with her ball and she has the sweetness of a greyhound.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zoey.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	55195  Click image for larger version

Name:	zoeysmile.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	55197  
Attached Images:

She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come." Proverbs 31:24-25
TekoaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #13
wellslipmystitches
Knitting the Flap

Emily, Yes, I know how sweet greyhounds are and how feisty and domineering Jack Russell's can be.

By all means mention Reynaud's Syndrome to your Dr. I mentioned to mine my trapezius was very painful to me and then he found out I knew the difference between a tongue depressor and an oximeter. Oh my! Now he thinks I'm gifted!
Good Luck, Jean
wellslipmystitches is offline   Reply With Quote