Old 02-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
Jackie M.
Turning the Heel

Snow Day!
This is exactly how we are feeling right now in this part of Texas.
Click image for larger version

Name:	snowcartoon3.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	55210

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,800 Times in 7,160 Posts

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
Jackie M.
Turning the Heel

I'm trying to enlarge the picture because it's too blurred to read. I can't even delete it to try again.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #4
Jackie M.
Turning the Heel

Name:	snowcartoon.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	55212
Old 02-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
kittykins
1st Leg of the Journey

Well Jackie, how are you doing over there in Ft. Worth this morning? I've been up since about 5:00 and I'd say we've gotten close to 5" of snow here in Rockwall.(Think there's more to come.) That, on top of all the ice that hasn't melted, isn't a good situation. Have you had to go out at all? I haven't even tried to walk down to my mailbox since Monday. There's a big patch of ice near my front door and I'm not taking a chance of slipping on that. The one ray of sunshine I did have this week was that the UPS man was able to make a delivery. It was the Knit Picks Options TRY IT Needle Set I ordered. I'm having fun trying the needles and cables out. Stay warm. Stay safe. Let me know how you're doing! Jeanie
kittykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:01 PM   #6
Jackie M.
Turning the Heel

Well, Jeanie, I never thought I'd have cabin fever, but took a walk outside a little while ago. Only slipped 3 times. No one can get out of our neighborhood. Living out in the country, you don't get sand trucks out here. Thank goodness we stocked up on food. Were you in the rolling blackouts? We were but have a generator so that helped. WOW...UPS delivered knitting supplies! How cool is that? I have been knitting for days now.

Originally Posted by kittykins View Post
Well Jackie, how are you doing over there in Ft. Worth this morning? I've been up since about 5:00 and I'd say we've gotten close to 5" of snow here in Rockwall.(Think there's more to come.) That, on top of all the ice that hasn't melted, isn't a good situation. Have you had to go out at all? I haven't even tried to walk down to my mailbox since Monday. There's a big patch of ice near my front door and I'm not taking a chance of slipping on that. The one ray of sunshine I did have this week was that the UPS man was able to make a delivery. It was the Knit Picks Options TRY IT Needle Set I ordered. I'm having fun trying the needles and cables out. Stay warm. Stay safe. Let me know how you're doing! Jeanie
Old 02-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
kittykins
1st Leg of the Journey

Yup. We were in the rolling blackouts too. They only lasted about 15-20 minutes so that wasn't too bad. It was pretty cool that UPS made it to my front door,especially since it was my knitting needles. I've been noticing some people are venturing out of our subdivision in cars, but no sand trucks come around here either to help us. Ya know something Jackie...I was born in Wisconsin and raised in Minnesota. No stranger to this kind of weather. This week I've felt like I'm right back home again. Believe me I know how bad cabin fever can get. Just be careful out there! We don't want to hear about any broken bones.
Jeanie
Old 02-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #8
Jackie M.
Turning the Heel

The longest blackout we had was 4 hours. I'm happy our fireplace kept us warm and we have plenty of wood. Here is a pic of my backyard this morning 2/4. It's still not as bad as the 12" of snow we had Christmas 09.

Name:	snowday1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	55217

Originally Posted by kittykins View Post
Yup. We were in the rolling blackouts too. They only lasted about 15-20 minutes so that wasn't too bad. It was pretty cool that UPS made it to my front door,especially since it was my knitting needles. I've been noticing some people are venturing out of our subdivision in cars, but no sand trucks come around here either to help us. Ya know something Jackie...I was born in Wisconsin and raised in Minnesota. No stranger to this kind of weather. This week I've felt like I'm right back home again. Believe me I know how bad cabin fever can get. Just be careful out there! We don't want to hear about any broken bones.
Jeanie
Old 02-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #9
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,800 Times in 7,160 Posts
So pretty, Jackie!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #10
kittykins
1st Leg of the Journey

Jackie, that's such a beautiful picture of your backyard and house with the blanket of snow. Has it all melted yet? I still have some snow and ice by the front of my house because I don't get the afternoon sun out there. In the back it feels wonderful on my porch/patio with the sun beating down today. Gosh don't you hope it stays this way for awhile?
Jeanie