Old 02-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
psinger
Casting On

totally lost need help quick!
l need help with a pattern for a hat that I started. I have knitted the one ear flap, the pattern tells me that the ear flaps are side by side on the same needle. The patteren tells me, Now remember I have finished the first ear flap, it goes on to tell me to chain one and start the next one. I am totally lost I don't even know how to chain one from where I am at and how am I going to knit the next ear flap on the same needle next to the first one. I am an expeirenced knitter but I am stuck, never heard of this one/Could someone please help me out
psinger is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
TrikkeAddict
1st Leg of the Journey

Could you possibly provide a link to the pattern or write out that part of the pattern? I'm not sure I understand what you're supposed to be doing without seeing the instructions.

OTN - afghan for DH (undid it for the 3rd time and started another pattern), baby sweater, hooded sweater jacket for me!!
TrikkeAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
kmaclean
Turning the Heel

"chain one" sounds like you are crocheting rather than knitting ...

If you have a link to the pattern, it would help people give you a more clear answer on how to proceed.
kmaclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
Mokumegane
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Mokumegane Send a message via MSN to Mokumegane Send a message via Yahoo to Mokumegane
Yeah, either that is crochet or maybe they want you to chain one up then knit? However, most patterns will either just have you knit an ear then just sew it on or to pick up and knit stitches to start an ear. Is there a link to the pattern at all?
Mokumegane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #5
psinger
Casting On

ok gals here is the web site that the pattern is on. if that doesn't work just go to naturallycaron.com and look for free patterns and then look for this Denver Hat. the picture of the hat is brown and teal blue, it is pointy, and has the two ear flaps. what i am talking about is on the second page down at the bottom after the first ear flap is done. good luck...let me know what you figure out I can't wait. Thanks ever so much.... Pam
Old 02-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
psinger
Casting On

Originally Posted by TrikkeAddict View Post
Could you possibly provide a link to the pattern or write out that part of the pattern? I'm not sure I understand what you're supposed to be doing without seeing the instructions.
go to naturallycaron.com look up free patterns and look for the Denver Hat it is brown and teal blue and it is pointy on top. the directions are on page two after the first ear flap is done the part I am talking about is at the bottom of page two. let me know what you think and I hop you can figure it out, thanks you so much Pam
Old 02-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #7
psinger
Casting On

Originally Posted by Mokumegane View Post
Yeah, either that is crochet or maybe they want you to chain one up then knit? However, most patterns will either just have you knit an ear then just sew it on or to pick up and knit stitches to start an ear. Is there a link to the pattern at all?
Hi there, ok go to Naturallycaron.com and then go to free patterns, and then look up the Denver Hat, it is brown and teal blue. on the bottom of the second page is where it tell you to do the next ear flap the same needle as the first one. Let me know what you find out and thank you so much for all your help. Pam
Old 02-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #8
psinger
Casting On

Originally Posted by kmaclean View Post
"chain one" sounds like you are crocheting rather than knitting ...

If you have a link to the pattern, it would help people give you a more clear answer on how to proceed.
naturallycaron.com then go to the free patterns, and then look for the Denver Hat, it is brown and teal blue and pointy on top. the part in question is on the second page down at the bottom after the first ear flap is done. let me know what you find out and thanks so much Pam