Old 02-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #1
moggy
Casting On

Pattern help purlease?
Hi, I'm attempting to knit my first garment - I have finally got my gauge right by going up 1mm needles - reading through the pattern there is one confusing line - can anyone help?

The pattern is a Wendy Sorrento (5551) for a v necked pullover done in stocking stitch - I understand all of the abbreviations but it says for the sleeves (for my size)...

Cast on 45 stitches and st st for 10 rows. Cont in st st as follows:- Work all shaping as for side seams, inc 1 st at each end of the next and every follow 4th row until there are 47 sts, then every 6th row until there are 79 sts. Cont straight until sleeve measures 46cm....

I get the increase instructions after the first 10 rows but what does it mean by 'Work all shaping as for side seams' ? I was planning on doing a M1 inc after my 1st st and just before my last st? Is that right? Is there another way you would do this near a side seam?

Thanks in advance for any help...

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-11-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
TrikkeAddict
1st Leg of the Journey

My guess is that somewhere in the pattern there are instructions when you're doing the body for the side seam, which they are saying to follow this same instruction in the sleeve.

OTN - afghan for DH (undid it for the 3rd time and started another pattern), baby sweater, hooded sweater jacket for me!!
TrikkeAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TrikkeAddict For This Useful Post:
moggy (02-11-2011)
Old 02-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #3
moggy
Casting On

Thanks TrikkeAddict - on closer inspection of the body pattern it does give instructions to inc / dec three sts into the row - must be what it means - that'll teach me to try to do this after a night shift!