More pictures can be seen on Ravelry.com
From start to finish this sweater has had it problems. All in all though, I will make more sweaters using Elizabeth Zimmermann’s books. Her instructions for the percentage system is invaluable.
It took me about a month to make this sweater working on it in my free time. Three sets of shortrows were placed between mid back and bottom. One set was placed between the back raglan deceases just after starting them and the last set was placed just before finishing the raglan deceases. That is how I ended with the one stitch between the row of deceases at the shoulder as seen in the picture.
The sleeves and the sweater length both grew about one inch during the wash. I soaked the sweater in the washing machine, spun out, then socked it in rince water with a small amount of fabric softener and spun it out. The wash gave the fabric a softer feel and helped to even out the stitches.
I like the look of a knit 2, purl 1 ribbing so I used them on the bottom and cuffs. When working on the neck though I had to reverse the order just under half way so I would still have a k2, p1 appearance after turning the neck down and not a purl 2, knit 1. This type of ribbing though does not have the elasticity that a 2x2 would have. I did not think of that when planning the sweater. Future sweaters that might have a turtle or crew neck will not be done in 2x1 ribbing.
This being my first adult sweater for me made from EZ’s patterns was a great learning experience. There will be more.
I purchased the yarn on ebay about two years ago. There was a total of five skeins at 100 grams each. I used about 4 1/2 of skeins.
Instead of working EZ’s phoney seam, I purled the center stitches on both body sides and the center sleeve stitches. It did a great job at giving the illusion of a worked seam and helped when laying out the sweater to dry.
I apologize for the poor picture of the sweater. I really need a better camera that doesn't take a college course to figure out.