Old 03-17-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
Adrayis
Casting On

Stuck on very first bind off
Hi! I finally had time to pick up the knitting things that I bought ages ago, and with the help of this site, I'm learning how to knit quickly. I am stuck at one spot though, and I've looked for the answer. I haven't found it yet, though I may be looking in the wrong spot or for the wrong thing.

I'm just making squares at the moment, and I finished my first square tonight. I'm very excited about this, it's taken me a few days. I watched the video on how to do the english version bind off, but, now what do I do with this last stitch? I'm a little confused, I followed along with the video, so I'm fairly sure that I did it right, though it's entirely possible I didn't, but I've got 1 stitch left over that I'm not sure what to do with.

I pulled the second last stitch over the last one, like I did with the others, is there something that I'm missing? Any help is greatly appriciated. Online is the only resource I have right now, I don't know anyone in my city that knits, though I know there's a ton of them that do, none of the people I know do.

Thanks in advance!!

Edit: Ok, after reading the knit/purl sticky, I found out I actually did a half knit, half purl stitch all the way through my square. Also, I found out I just needed to cut the yarn and pull it through the last stitch to end it. lol

Last edited by Adrayis : 03-17-2011 at 10:13 PM. Reason: New information
Adrayis is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-18-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,740 Times in 7,112 Posts
I cut the yarn and pull it through the loop then weave it in. It never comes apart.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Cut the yarn leaving a few inches, and either pull the loop out or thread the end through the loop. Then weave in the tail.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote