Old 03-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #1
Krystal
Turning the Heel

Baby George (Who doesn't like baby pics?)
I don't think I've posted any pics of my son since he was born!

Well he is now 7 months old and keeps me busy! I've been knitting some here and there. I've gotten a bit further on a few projects, and started a couple new ones. I even have yarn on it's way to me from KP to make him a Sack Boy doll!

I thought I'd share some recent pictures of him, taken earlier this week.

These next two were from yesterday.

I am still so proud of myself for knitting him that blanket and finishing it in under 20 weeks! Quite the accomplishment for me as I am horrible at finishing projects, especially large ones... but anything for my boy.

Does anyone else have small babies? How do you find time for knitting among baby time and housework?

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-30-2011, 11:42 AM   #2
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Thanked 1,090 Times in 608 Posts
What a cutie!!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi
saracidaltendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saracidaltendencies For This Useful Post:
Krystal (03-30-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,805 Times in 7,164 Posts
Awww! What a handsome little boy!

Is the necklace significant? Don't often see them on babies.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
Krystal
Turning the Heel

Thank you both!

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Awww! What a handsome little boy!

Is the necklace significant? Don't often see them on babies.
The necklace is an amber teething necklace. There's mixed views on if they work or not but I swear it works for him.

Short answer is that When baltic amber is worn on the skin, the skinís warmth releases trace amounts of healing oils from the amber. These oils contain succinic acid and are absorbed into the skin. It can help with things like teething, headaches, joint pain etc. Depending where it is worn.

The website where I got it has a lot more information on how it supposedly works here: http://hyenacart.com/stores/inspired...p?c=63&p=14913
Old 03-30-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

That's fascinating! Thanks for the info and website!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 03-31-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
kmaclean
Turning the Heel

He's sooooo adorable!

If you don't mind me asking, do you cloth diaper? I was just wondering after I saw the first couple of pictures. If you do, how are you finding it so far? Just curious since it's something my husband and I are considering when we have kids ....
kmaclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:37 PM   #7
Krystal
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by kmaclean View Post
He's sooooo adorable!

If you don't mind me asking, do you cloth diaper? I was just wondering after I saw the first couple of pictures. If you do, how are you finding it so far? Just curious since it's something my husband and I are considering when we have kids ....

Yes, we do cloth diaper! I honestly love it. We had 2 packs of disposables I was going to use up in the first couple weeks as I wanted to get used to mom life before adding in diaper laundry.

I ended up hating the disposables. They leaked badly and smelled awful so I started using cloth when he was 6 days old. No more leaks or blow outs! I gave my leftover disposables to a friend. I still had a full pack and almost half of the second pack.

It is a big investment up front, but it is saving us a lot of money and it is much more convenient since we don't drive or live near any stores that have diapers. The thing that won me over though was how cute they are.

This one here is my favourite one. A friend made it for me. I call it his Pirate Booty.

Front:

back:
Old 03-31-2011, 03:07 PM   #8
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Adorable! Is that just a cover or does it hold a diaper? I had the old fold it and safety pin it method when my kids were little. I know things have changed.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 03-31-2011, 04:14 PM   #9
kmaclean
Turning the Heel

Oh man! That pirate one is awesome .... I love it!

I'm glad to hear that you've found it to be such a positive experience .... it seems like there are a lot of people out there who are really enjoying it. Do you have any favourite products/brands so far? Just curious ....
kmaclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:38 PM   #10
Krystal
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Adorable! Is that just a cover or does it hold a diaper? I had the old fold it and safety pin it method when my kids were little. I know things have changed.
It is a cover, but instead of the folding/pinning we use an absorbant pad (Same shape like a REALLY big and LONG menstrual pad - no wings ) made of microfiber and topped with stay-dry suede cloth that I just lay inside the cover.

Originally Posted by kmaclean View Post
Oh man! That pirate one is awesome .... I love it!

I'm glad to hear that you've found it to be such a positive experience .... it seems like there are a lot of people out there who are really enjoying it. Do you have any favourite products/brands so far? Just curious ....
I have a HUGE mix of different brands and styles. We mostly use covers with inserts since we have coin laundry. I can wash 5 days worth of diapers in one load this way since they are smaller/thinner. Plus it was the cheaper option for us.

I do have a lot of pocket diapers also that I REALLY like but they are more expensive and too. Pockets and All-In-One's are my favourite to use and if we have our own washer/dryer with the next kid I will totally use those instead.

My favourite brand by far is Bum Genius. Their pocket diapers and their Flip Covers/Inserts fit skinny George the best. I really like Kawaii and Fuzzibunz a lot too.

Thirsties diapers and covers were AWESOME when he was a newborn. They have a Duo system and the size 1 fits smaller babies better. I don't care for the 2nd size though. They are just too big and long for my small guy.

I definitely recommend buying a small mix of different styles and brands to get a feel for what works best. Everyone has different preferences and differently shaped babies.