Old 03-27-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
N0obKnitter
Working the Gusset

I've returned!
I took a hiatus from knitting (and pretty much everything else!) as I had my baby boy on February 16th and due to the fact I (unfortunately) had to have a (blech!) c-section I've been up to my eyeballs in breastfeeding, erratic sleep, dirty cloth diapers blah blah blah. I also battled mastitis, plugged milk ducts, a nasty TMI problem, then I fell down our stairs (seriously!) and then I caught a COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm fine now, though. I walked 2 miles yesterday with Roger in the stroller. I picked up some knitting last night and did some today - still working on the cable scarf for my DH I've been doing for months. The joke is I'll be finished with it when it's winter again - DH said winter of 2013 (he got a dirty look for saying that!)

Feels great just to be able to knit a little bit here and there, eh! The day before I went into labour, my mom and I went to a yarn shop near Englewood, CO and she bought addiclicks (after she got a look at mine!) and we each bought some yarn.

My mom's been pretty much only Xstitching for years, aside from knitting dishcloths. I'm trying to get her "hooked" on knitting.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-27-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
Krystal
Turning the Heel

Welcome back!

I have been having a bit of a hiatus myself. Baby keeps me busy! Sometimes there's just too much to be done in the day and knitting isn't one of them. Though I have had a chance to knit a few times this year so far.

Sounds like you had a heck of a time with nursing so far! Yikes! Hope it's all going smoothly for you now.

We use cloth diapers too!
Old 03-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Quote:
I've been up to my eyeballs in breastfeeding, erratic sleep, dirty cloth diapers blah blah blah. I also battled mastitis, plugged milk ducts, a nasty TMI problem, then I fell down our stairs (seriously!) and then I caught a COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to motherhood, honey! Ain't it fun....?

Good to hear from you again, hope you get some time here and there to knit.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (03-28-2011)
Old 03-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,641 Times in 7,043 Posts
I'm glad you're back! Many of us had some of the same issues so I'm glad you're okay and baby Roger is doing well!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (03-28-2011)