Old 04-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
Kaniki
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to Kaniki Send a message via MSN to Kaniki
WIP - Slytherin Scarf
Hello everybody! I'm new here, haha.

I'm also pretty new to knitting and I'm self taught. But I think I'm getting the hang of things pretty nicely. I've only been knitting for about.. maybe a week now haha. What I'm trying to make right now is the Slytherin Scarf from the Harry Potter Movies/Books. (It's the one featured in the third movie and on: reference right here - [x])

What you can't tell in the picture is I have THE perfect shades of Green and Sliver/Gray for the scarf. My fiance started laughing when I got all giddy when I found them at joanns. Sadly, I don't know exactly which ones they are. Oh, and I'm using size US 13 needles. :D Its not as hard as what I thought it would be! So far I have about four feet knitted and Ive only been working on it on and off for two days.

I'm so sorry about the horrible picture by the way! It's all I can get at the moment but I'll get another (better) one up as soon as I possibly can. :D

Last edited by Kaniki : 04-19-2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Wrong link, haha.
Kaniki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaniki For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (04-21-2011)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-19-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Welcome to our Knitting Help family! Keep us posted about your Slytherin Scarf progress!
It's so nice when you find just the right colors, isn't it? Good going!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,285 Times in 2,972 Posts
I am in awe at your numbers: 4 feet in two days on your first project! Good for you. I look forward to seeing the completed scarf.
salmonmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #4
Kaniki
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to Kaniki Send a message via MSN to Kaniki
Thank you both very much! =D

Yes! I was so worried that I wasn't going to get the right colors, and then they were both sitting right next to each other, haha. I got lucky.

Honestly, I don't know how I did so much already. xD I sit here, and while I'm watching my favorite tv show online, I just keep knitting and keep tabs on how many rows I do with a small piece of paper.

better picture-ish. xD

Kaniki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #5
margz3
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Kaniki View Post
Thank you both very much! =D

Yes! I was so worried that I wasn't going to get the right colors, and then they were both sitting right next to each other, haha. I got lucky.

Honestly, I don't know how I did so much already. xD I sit here, and while I'm watching my favorite tv show online, I just keep knitting and keep tabs on how many rows I do with a small piece of paper.

better picture-ish. xD

It's coming along nicely - will be done before you know it

OTN

socks (still!)
dishcloths
baby afghans
HAP items

margz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:46 AM   #6
Niryuulove
Casting On

Looks good, I had fun with my first Slytherin scarf, bit of a different style but it's all the same house~ I really like the color. I need to work on a new one soon though, the first was for a friend. I also did a Gryffindor to go with the soon to be Slytherin so my little cousin and I can wear them to the last movie together.
Niryuulove is offline   Reply With Quote