Old 04-09-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
CubWhoKnits
Casting On

Special Needles
Hello,

I am new here and new to knitting in general. One things that appeals to me, I am not sure why, are the variety of needles. I know there are a lot of sets that are popular and inexpensive, but so far I kind of like buy needles as I need them and pick out something special.

Today I needed some double point needles for some socks I want to make and I looked through a variety of choices but just had to get some gorgeous Blue Sky rosewood needles. I hope they get a lot of use and will always signify my first complex project.

I was wondering, do you folks have any special needles? Maybe they were gifts or they just got a heck of a lot of use through their career. I always like when seemingly ordinary objects have stories, history, and emotional attachment.
CubWhoKnits is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-09-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,807 Times in 7,166 Posts
As long as you know you'll be spending a small fortune on your multiple sets of special needles that's great.

I use my Knitpicks Options almost exclusively so I'd have to say no. I do have a couple cable needles my DH made me..one out of rosewood and one from purple heart and those are cool.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #3
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

I love my Knitpicks Harmony Wood needles. They have rainbow ripples in them that always make me smile every time I knit. I think you should use what makes you happy. We have the right to indulge in in an expensive pair when we want to. We're worth it, right?
fatoldladyinpjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
linknit41
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by fatoldladyinpjs View Post
I love my Knitpicks Harmony Wood needles. They have rainbow ripples in them that always make me smile every time I knit. I think you should use what makes you happy. We have the right to indulge in in an expensive pair when we want to. We're worth it, right?
I have the Harmony interchangeable circulars, and I like them a lot--the colors make me smile too. linknit41
linknit41 is offline   Reply With Quote