Old 04-15-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
StarWish624
Casting On

Is this strange - or what?
Hi all. I am new here. This is my first post. For a long while I have been thinking about learning to knit. What got me to thinking about it, was that for a long time, I have been trying to find the 'perfect' knit hat, scarf and gloves for winter. I wanted a set with some 'personality'. Most of the sets that I found in the stores, didn't attract me, were too 'manish', - or were way too expensive. I figure that if I planned to wear something day after day for several month each year - well then, - I should LOVE it!
This is when I started (only started) to think about making the set, myself.
Finally, I had a 'sign' that made the decision for me. While riding a city bus very early one morning (about 6am ish) I looked out the window, and noticed something sitting on an otherwise empty bus bench, just a block away from the bus terminal (where I was going). Even at that early hour, and out of the blue, I recognized what was there. It was 2 skeins of yarn! Is that strange - or what?
I walked back, and got the skeins (there was no one around the stop). Whoever left the yarn there would have had to have done so the night before, so there was little chance that they would expect to find it waiting for them the following morning, even if they knew where the yarn was.
So, I guess fate has spoken. And here I am, a new member. Glad to be aboard.
StarWish624 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #2
WolfWalker
Ribbing the Cuff

Wow, talk about getting a sign! Seems that fate wants you to learn how to knit. Welcome aboard!
WolfWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,641 Times in 7,043 Posts
Welcome to Knitting Help! We're glad to have you here!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:30 AM   #4
Niryuulove
Casting On

Sounds like fate alright, I always wanted hats and scarves and the like myself, but didn't think about making them until just recently. The only thing that pushed me towards knitting was my complete and utter inability to crochet
Niryuulove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #5
NebraskaGal
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by Niryuulove View Post
Sounds like fate alright, I always wanted hats and scarves and the like myself, but didn't think about making them until just recently. The only thing that pushed me towards knitting was my complete and utter inability to crochet
I thought this was funny because I am just the oppisite, I can crochet like a mad woman but the only thing I can knit is a basic scarf (and I mean as basic as they come ). My two sisters can knit really well, kinda weird.
NebraskaGal is offline   Reply With Quote