Old 04-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
appercat
Casting On

Spring/Summertime Fever?
Ok, nice weather here. I find that all my projects get put away and put on hold because I don't have the patience to sit and work on them! Then when I get them out again (projects take forever!), I forget how to do the patterns and stuff... ugh!

How do you handle this spring/summer time? What are ways to stay motivated? (Sorry blankets get put away, as it gets hot here. hate working on them during the summertime). Or does anyone else have a similar affliction?
appercat is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,296 Times in 2,982 Posts
I just take the knitting outside: in the backyard, at the beach, on the porch.
salmonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
primaknittermom
Casting On

Like Salmonmac, I just keep knitting. If I want to go out, I take it. It was 95+F today. The heat just doesn't stop me.

But if I did put it away, I'd probably leave myself detailed notes about where I was and what I was doing and I'd store everything I need in one place.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

Well, doesn't look like there's a chance of summer coming here in Wisconsin anytime soon. I'm waiting for the 5-10 inches of snow that they predicted for today to arrive. In the summer, I knit inside in the air conditioning. My problem is that I don't finish what I start. I only knit projects that I'm really excited about to keep my interest. I usually only have two projects going at a time. This gives me a little variety if I get bored with one. I discipline myself not to start anything new until I've finished what I'm already doing, but it's okay to look online. Currently, I think I have three going. One's a baby blanket for the coming grandchild, one's a specific type of hat that someone needs. Should only be a temporary project. The other's ongoing hats for preemies. These simple rib caps make great sit in front of the tv projects if you just want to keep your hands busy but don't want anything complicated. Sometimes it's worth it to your peace of mind just to pitch the half-finished projects and clean house. Unclutter your life.
fatoldladyinpjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
cutestmommy85
Casting On

me too
I usually do the same thing. The one problem I have found along with forgetting patterns is that I don't finish all the projects that I want to use for winter before it's too warm to use them. So this summer I have resolved to fight through the spring/summer lull and keep on knitting. I knit at night when I have the kid in bed and I'm watching prime time. Nice way to relax for the night.
cutestmommy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,730 Times in 7,103 Posts
I may knit a little less when it's 95, but I do still keep knitting. Smaller projects like hats, socks, etc are better because you don't have a heavy project in your lap. If you want to take a few days off to enjoy the weather that's okay, too. You can always knit in the evening or the next day.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote