Yippee! I finally got this one finished. And I'm fairly happy with the end result. I did buy some very lovely wooden buttons that look very nice on, but I would have to take them off every time I wash the piece. For that reason, I opted for the plainer plastic (and washable) buttons.
When I posted this as a WIP, I was having difficulty with the broomstick lace collar. As you can see, I did manage to complete it. The directions said to use a large knitting needle to make the loops; however, that method was way too unwieldy for me. So I ended up using, of all things, . . . a broomstick! (I know you're shocked!)
Thanks for looking!