Old 05-21-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
phoenixjen
1st Leg of the Journey

Knitting Pure and Simple Pattern Help
I have made the Knitting Pure and Simple sweater, pattern #232 before but I don't remember this problem.

You begin at the neckline and knit increasing on either side of the markers and creating a placket edging before you join and knit in the round.

The problem I have is that the pattern says to knit until the placket is 3 inches long. Then you go through the joining the sides process, knit a few more rows and then when you get to 54 stitches between the back markers then it is time to divide for the sleves.

Here is what I have now. I have knitted until the placket is 3" long and the stitch number between the back two markers is 54 and I haven't even joined the front placket parts yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks!!

Jenny Lee

Last edited by phoenixjen : 05-21-2011 at 12:57 AM. Reason: I forgot some details
phoenixjen is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-21-2011, 05:39 AM   #2
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,348 Times in 3,032 Posts
Check and make sure you've done the increases at the correct interval (every row or every other row, whatever the pattern required). If that's ok, I'd try the sweater on (or hold it up to myself) just to make sure I liked the neckline and placket placement and that the armholes are long enough. If that's ok too, then continue with the join and finish the placket while you're knitting in the round.
salmonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

I would try the pattern one more time. If it still doesn't work out, email the company. I tried a KPS pattern for a top down children's sweater. I tried it several times. I'm certain I was doing it correctly. The number of stitches I was supposed to have just didn't jive. It could be the pattern. I ended up trying to fudge my way through it and penciling in corrections as I went. That was my first pattern with them. I was so frustrated I never bought another one. But maybe it's just me.
fatoldladyinpjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
phoenixjen
1st Leg of the Journey

Actually I did email the owner of KPS and she gave me this reply:

It doesn't sound as if you did anything wrong. Depends on your gauge. You can divide for the sleeves right away with no problem.

Diane Soucy
www.knittingpureandsimple.com

So glad I got it resolved. I ended up joining and dividing for the sleeves right away!
phoenixjen is offline   Reply With Quote