Old 04-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #1
sarahtorgerson
Casting On

Does anyone else do this while knitting?
1. Forget to blink. After knitting for a few hours at a time, my eyes are red and dry! My husband can always tell if I got off work early and knit for a couple hours before he gets home. Apparently I am focused way too hard.
2. Forget to drink. I often knit in the morning, before my husband wakes up and wants to interact with me. So, at 5:00 a.m., I grab a cup of coffee and my latest project, sit down and begin knitting. By the time I take my first sip of coffee it is ice cold. Again, I am focused way too hard.
3. Wait until it's almost too late to get up and go to the bathroom. When I first have to pee, I will tell myself, "One more row, then I will get up and go." Well, 8 rows later I am running to the bathroom wondering why I waited so long.
4. Lose track of time. This is when my housework suffers. I will promise myself that I am only going to knit for a couple hours, and then start cleaning. The sinking feeling I get when I finally look at the clock and it's well into the afternoon is almost unbearable. I should really clean first so I can enjoy guilt-free knitting.
5. Wonder why I have cats. I can't blame them for wanting to attack this constantly moving ball of yarn, but sometimes I have to shut myself in the bedroom just to get any knitting done. It's probably a good thing to have them, because it does remind me to take a break once in a while.
6. Reward myself after knitting by warming up my hands with a towel from the dryer. My hands are so cold after knitting for a few hours that I truly believe that I could freeze water by touching it. One would think that after moving around so much that my hands would be nice and toasty warm. Ha...it is fun to go touch my husband on the neck if he's been bugging me to stop knitting, though.
sarahtorgerson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahtorgerson For This Useful Post:
Richardviar (05-23-2014)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-17-2014, 10:28 AM   #2
MissMurder
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by sarahtorgerson View Post
1. Forget to blink. After knitting for a few hours at a time, my eyes are red and dry! My husband can always tell if I got off work early and knit for a couple hours before he gets home. Apparently I am focused way too hard.
2. Forget to drink. I often knit in the morning, before my husband wakes up and wants to interact with me. So, at 5:00 a.m., I grab a cup of coffee and my latest project, sit down and begin knitting. By the time I take my first sip of coffee it is ice cold. Again, I am focused way too hard.
3. Wait until it's almost too late to get up and go to the bathroom. When I first have to pee, I will tell myself, "One more row, then I will get up and go." Well, 8 rows later I am running to the bathroom wondering why I waited so long.
4. Lose track of time. This is when my housework suffers. I will promise myself that I am only going to knit for a couple hours, and then start cleaning. The sinking feeling I get when I finally look at the clock and it's well into the afternoon is almost unbearable. I should really clean first so I can enjoy guilt-free knitting.
5. Wonder why I have cats. I can't blame them for wanting to attack this constantly moving ball of yarn, but sometimes I have to shut myself in the bedroom just to get any knitting done. It's probably a good thing to have them, because it does remind me to take a break once in a while.
6. Reward myself after knitting by warming up my hands with a towel from the dryer. My hands are so cold after knitting for a few hours that I truly believe that I could freeze water by touching it. One would think that after moving around so much that my hands would be nice and toasty warm. Ha...it is fun to go touch my husband on the neck if he's been bugging me to stop knitting, though.

I can say that I have done 2& 3
Old 04-17-2014, 01:07 PM   #3
adichappo
Ribbing the Cuff

2,3 4, and 5 all the time, esp 2. The worst is when I sit down to knit at night and pour myself a glass of wine. The wine will sit untouched for hours until i remember it's there.

As far as cats, it's not so much as them fighting with the ball of yarn as it is they get jealous that it's not them on my lap. My one cat George will completly ignore my work, walk on top of it and try to settle himself on my lap, regarless of whatever might be there. I then have to try and dislodge him from my lap without having his claws catch on my work...

why did I get cats again?
adichappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:43 PM   #4
Kenzi
Casting On

I don't have a cat, but I have definitely done the rest! Lucky for me my little dogs love to just curl up next to my projects while I knit. As long as they are touching me they are happy.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:53 AM   #5
justplaincharlotte
Working the Gusset

I am absolutely a 2, 3, & 4 sort of girl!

justcharlotte

All Needful Things Blog
"Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises." Except carpal tunnel.
- Elizabeth Zimmermann
justplaincharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:39 AM   #6
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,750 Times in 7,120 Posts
#4 sometimes, but not the others.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote