Old 07-08-2011, 09:48 PM   #21
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Originally Posted by Beepr View Post
I don't know how to post pictures here. Help, please! Bea
There is a discussion HERE in the forum, where Jan tells how to post photos.

I use Flickr for all my online photo sharing. Love it! It's only $25 a year, and I can use it for blogging, forum stuff, emails, etc.

If you decide to use Flickr like me, you will be able to share your photos this way:

Pull up the photo main page, then look just above the photo. You'll see a little envelope, and two orange B's. Then you'll see a little down arrow to the right of the orange B's. Click the down arrow, and you'll see "Grab the HTML/BBCode". Look at the bottom of that message, and you'll see two little buttons to select either HTML or BBCode. Click the BBCode button. Next, right click in the box with all the code. It will automatically be selected. Then click "Copy" in the little message that pops up.

Then, come here to the forum, start your message, then right click, then click "Paste" to paste the code for the photo. It will appear in your post after you submit the reply. It will also provide a link back to your photo in Flickr.

It's complicated the first time you do it, but it gets easier after doing it a few times.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shandeh For This Useful Post:
Beepr (07-09-2011)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #22
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Yay! I just found a way that I can make things for our KAL/CAL, and ALSO give to charity! (If you don't know this about me already, I LOVE charity knitting!)

Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota is the poorest spot in the USA. The average life expectancy for residents is only 47 for males and early 50s for women. The unemployment rate is 90% and the teen suicide rate is four times the national average. Basics such as running water, heat and food are scarce for many residents let alone jobs and health care. These challenges are particularly difficult to deal with given the geographical isolation of the Rez and the incredibly harsh climate.

Right now, there is a campaign to make cotton wash cloths for the elders. They are always in need of wash cloths. The cotton ones feel so great against people’s skin. Feel free to go crazy with the colors.

Please send these items to the Wounded Knee CAP (Community Action Program) Office located in Manderson, SD.

The address is:
Wounded Knee CAP Office
101 Main Street
Manderson, SD 57756

The USPS address is:
Wounded Knee CAP Office
P O Box 133
Manderson, SD 57756

I have WAY too much cotton yarn, so I am gonna knit and crochet dishcloths until the stash looks more reasonable.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #23
ShanaHoo
1st Leg of the Journey

Man, I am a terrible KAL participant! I haven't even opened the box of cotton yarn yet. I have two baby blankets to finish before September, and work/traffic has been crazy these last couple of weeks.

Fortunately, I've got about 5 inches left to go on blanket #1, and then I'm going to work on a couple small cotton projects before blanket #2. Soooo... maybe this weekend?
Old 07-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #24
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Good luck with your projects!
I know how you feel with too many things on the needles. I frogged about 3 projects last week, because I decided that 4 years was long enough to wait to finish them.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #25
TreshaRuthe
1st Leg of the Journey

Okay, count me in. I've decided to make my mom all new kitchen linens for the holidays. She could desperately use them. Now if I can just find a good looking decorative crochet/knitted towel topper that would look good in chocolate brown. She wants her kitchen redone in cream, sandstone and chocolate. Know of any? I'm about 1/2 way through the first hotpad.
TreshaRuthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:02 AM   #26
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

That's a good idea, Tresha!

Of course, I know about lots of towel topper patterns on the Bernat website, since I work for them.
Bernat Towel Toppers

Bernat Towel Toppers by Shandeh, on Flickr
The Following User Says Thank You to Shandeh For This Useful Post:
TreshaRuthe (07-15-2011)
Old 07-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #27
TreshaRuthe
1st Leg of the Journey

You're a life saver. And as far as working for Bernat, I'm not sure whether to be jealous or call "Cheat!" *giggles*

Thanks again.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #28
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Originally Posted by TreshaRuthe View Post
And as far as working for Bernat, I'm not sure whether to be jealous or call "Cheat!" *giggles*
Funny!
Well, I've been a mod here on the KH Forum much longer than I've worked for Bernat, so I'm legitimate.

I was so pleased when Bernat asked me to blog for them. I've been knitting and crocheting items and blogging on the Bernat yarn website now for over a year. And now, I am moderating the BernatCares Forum for them as well. They keep me busy, but they give me plenty of yarn. So, it's a good gig.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:16 PM   #29
TreshaRuthe
1st Leg of the Journey

Yup, definitely jealous.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:35 AM   #30
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Tonight, I went by AC Moore after teaching piano lessons.

They have a lot of yarns on clearance right now. I found some Lion Nature's Choice Organic Cotton yarn for $3 a skein! That yarn is usually $7 a skein, so that's a great price. I never would have tried it before, but now I have 3 skeins to play with.

Now, I just need to decide what to make with it.

Lion Nature's Choice Organic Cotton - Blueberry by Shandeh, on Flickr