Old 07-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
Jen01
Casting On

Help for finishing spinning wheel please!
Ooh, I hope someone can help me. After lots of thought, I purchased Tung Oil to finish my Ashford Traveller. I went to Home Depot and they told me to clean the wood with mineral spirits before I used the Tung Oil. My problem is I have no clue on the steps for finishing my wheel, and cannot find them anywhere. Do I use the mineral spirits first to clean the wood? Then sand, use tung oil, let dry, sand, apply another layer of Tung Oil, sand, and that's it? Is there anywhere I can get the steps, or does someone here know? Thank you so very much for anyone that can help! All my best!

Jenny
Jen01 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
upsadaisy
Casting On

Hi Jenny

My new Asford Traditional just had a light sanding, followed by a wipe with a clean duster. Then it had a couple of coats of oil (leaving it to dry between coats). Afterwards it was waxed and buffed up.

I hope this is useful to you.

upsadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote