Old 02-23-2013, 04:23 AM   #11
claireweber
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by KnitClickChick View Post
I am going mad trying to figure out this stitch. I am using book #5 from The Stitch Collection, the Specialty stitches.

Rows 1 and 3 are purled, and it is the other two rows that are giving me trouble.

*K2tog, without slipping the stitches from the left needle. Insert the right needle between the two stitches and knit into the first stitch again, slipping both stitches off the left needle.*

I have done this, however as I progress with the rows, it looks nothing like the textured fabric shown in the picture. I end up with a nice smooth fabric. It's actually pretty, but I want the textured fabric pictured.

I have tried purling the first stitch, knitting through the back loop... I cannot get this! I tried to find errata, but just get an error from the link I found. I searched through my other stitch pattern books because this seems familiar to me, but I can't find it to compare instructions. Can anyone help?
I know that you posted this quite a while back, but I think I may have found your stitch:

http://www.knittingfool.com/pages/st...rows=4&rplus=0

The difference being that Row 1 (right side) and Row 3 are knitted, Rows 2 and 4 are *purl 2 together, do not slip from needle, purl the first stitch again, and slip both stitches from needle together.* Although I cannot see the purple photo clearly, they appear to be the same stitch.
claireweber is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!