Old 09-20-2011, 10:01 AM   #21
aprilbetty
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Lin View Post
Yes, now the corrected pattern makes sense...but in the original pattern instructions, it was not clear....and I think it stumped some of the other members of this website, too!! I hope that your granddaughter likes the sweater!! It is a cute one!! Let me know how you make out with it....I'm not that experienced a knitter, but I'm getting there! I guess I'm intermediate...LOL...If you are going to make it, let me know and maybe we can help each other out if there is any confusion...That offer extends to anybody else out there who decides to use the pattern! I think that you can send me a private message and then I'll share my email with you!! Thanks everyone!!
I printed out the pattern, and realized that it really has to be knitted with the 2 yarns that it calls for. I won't knit that pattern, but I will use some of the ideas, especially the front borders. Thanks again for the link. Good luck with your knitting!
aprilbetty is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #22
Lin
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Lin
Hi, Yes, the pattern does call for two yarns...the second yarn is so thin that you don't even realize that there are two strands that you are working with! The first yarn is an alpaca and the second one is like a mohair...it gives it the fuzzy look...But, I don't know why you wouldn't be able to use any other yarn....The second yarn really is so thin, it is just for the look, I think...
Old 09-20-2011, 03:03 PM   #23
aprilbetty
Knitting the Flap

I just don't think that I could get the right drape with a different yarn. Besides, I am now working on sweaters for my two 3-year-old DGD's (cousins, not twins). The 8-year-old is next in my queue. I do love the pattern. I have looked at DROPS patterns before, and there always seemed to be something that was tricky -- maybe in the translation. Can't wait to see your progress.
aprilbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:06 AM   #24
Lin
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Lin
Uh oh!! Thank you for the heads up!! They aren't the most clearly written patterns as it seems so far!! I'm sure I will be posting some kind of problem again!! Thank you for the communication! I am enjoying it!!