Old 09-24-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
RainbowCupcake
Casting On

Have a question on how to knit sleeves on a sweater?
Im posting this for my Mom. She's beyond frustrated because she can't remember how to do this. So..in her own words

"How to I pick up stitches for a sleeve on a round sweater. You take 10 stitches off each side, and thats for your underarm, then you have to increase 30 stitches and then net 1 pearl, 1 for 2 inches and then it has to go around.I'm using a round needle, How would I connect my sleeve to the sweater on each side? Thanks for your help its driving me nuts! I can't finish my sweater!"
RainbowCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
"You take 10 stitches off each side, and thats for your underarm," - yes, that part is fairly clear, it's the sts for the undearm.

"then you have to increase 30 stitches and then net 1 pearl, 1 for 2 inches and then it has to go around." This part isn't so clear.

Is she knitting it top down, bottom up, what? If we could have the name of the sweater or exactly what the pattern says, with a little more detail on how it's constructed, it would be helpful. Sometimes people post a summary of what they think it says and it comes out just as confusing for other people.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote