Old 01-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #21
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
Originally Posted by Shandeh View Post
Hi Jan!
I would love to use your rectangles for the blankets. I have some yellow rectangles here already. They might work together! Let me know if you need my address.
I probably do have your address somewhere, but send it again please.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-23-2012, 02:49 AM   #22
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
Can I send in the odd square? I'll soon be helping a friend out with some in dk on 7mm needles, and there may be some extras then
Hi Clarity! I wish I could, but I only use worsted weight squares for my blankets. Thanks, though!

Originally Posted by knitcindy View Post
I have some knitted squares and lap robes that I could send to you. The squares are dark colors - reds, blues, black. The lap robes are around 24" x 30" but vary in size/color. They are all acrylic yarn. Let me know if you need these! knitcindy
Hi Cindy! I will be glad to forward those lap robes to the children's shelter! If the squares are knit with washable worsted weight yarn, I can use them to make more blankets. Send me a private message if you are still interested, and I will give you my address.

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
I probably do have your address somewhere, but send it again please.
I'll do it right now, Jan.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #23
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Thank you all for sending those wonderful squares! I am now working on putting them together to create blankets. Some of the squares are needing a crochet border around them to make them all the same size, so that's my "beside the knitting chair" project for now.

Soon, I'll be laying them out on the floor in an arrangement I like, and taking photos before joining them together into blankets.

I will probably add a crochet border around the blankets when the seaming is complete.

Last week, I delivered six completed blankets I had been saving. They were very much appreciated!

Here are a few of them:

Lion Boucle Blanket (Used up 7 full skeins)

Blanket for Treehouse by Shandeh, on Flickr

Crayola Oddball Blanket (created by several knitters in Charlotte, NC) Of course, I finished that last section before delivering it...just never took a photo.

Crayola - Charlotte by Shandeh, on Flickr

Kaleidoscope Oddball Blanket (another one created by several Charlotte knitters) I had to add several sections to this one, before donating it.

Kaleidoscope - Charlotte by Shandeh, on Flickr

The other three blankets were not knitted by me, or by anyone I know. I found them by searching my local thrift store. They were knit or crocheted by hand, and were in brand new condition. I knew they would be perfect for the shelter. All they needed was a wash in my machine, just to make sure they were good and clean.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote