Old 10-31-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
lgoddard
Knitting the Flap

Instructions for sleeves help
A little unsure of the following instructions for doing the sleeves. First time doing a sweater.

There is a pattern worked over 4 rows. Then it says, Repeat rows 1-4 for pattern, I understand that) at the same time increase 1 st at each end of 5th and every following 4th row (10 times for my size) bringing increased sts into pattern.

I understand I will increase on the 5th row (which will actually be row 1 of the pattern) but it says at each end of 5th and every following 4th, does that mean in the beginning and end of the row or just be sure I do that at the end of each increase row?

Also, if I understand this correctly, the increases will be row 1 of the pattern each time since every 4th row after the 5th will be starting row 1 again of the pattern?

Thanks for the help
lgoddard is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-31-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
To keep the sleeve symmetrical you want to increase on each end (beginning and end) of every increase row.

Quote:
Also, if I understand this correctly, the increases will be row 1 of the pattern each time since every 4th row after the 5th will be starting row 1 again of the pattern?
You're right!
Old 10-31-2011, 05:11 PM   #3
lgoddard
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by MerigoldinWA View Post
To keep the sleeve symmetrical you want to increase on each end (beginning and end) of every increase row.

You're right!

What do you know, I actually had that part right on which rows to increase. Thank you!
lgoddard is offline   Reply With Quote