Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
nonny2t
Instepping Out
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 2,778
Thanks: 423
Thanked 852 Times in 813 Posts
FO: Fortune's Fair Isle Sweater
Thanks to the eagle eye of Ingrid, (she helped me understand something I just could not see) I was able to finish my very first fair isle project for my Yorkie, Fortune. It was supposed to be his Christmas present, but it has turned cold here so I gave it to him early! Fortune thanks you Ingrid!

nonny2t is offline   Reply With Quote

 

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
Antares
Working the Gusset
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,884
Thanks: 236
Thanked 675 Times in 632 Posts
Oh boy! Another FO to look at! Fun! Fun!

And what a lovely little coat for your furry friend! Your fair isle is lovely, and your little Fortune looks toasty warm! (He also looks like he thinks he's in trouble, but maybe he's just worried or something--or perhaps this is his usual demeanor!) At any rate, good job on this one.
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Antares For This Useful Post:
nonny2t (12-05-2011)
Old 12-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
nonny2t
Instepping Out
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 2,778
Thanks: 423
Thanked 852 Times in 813 Posts
He kept walking all over the place when I wanted him to stay still so I commanded him to "sit" so he was irked at me I think. lol

Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Oh boy! Another FO to look at! Fun! Fun!

And what a lovely little coat for your furry friend! Your fair isle is lovely, and your little Fortune looks toasty warm! (He also looks like he thinks he's in trouble, but maybe he's just worried or something--or perhaps this is his usual demeanor!) At any rate, good job on this one.
nonny2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
Jan in CA
Moderator
Mod Squad
 
Jan in CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 37,167
Thanks: 1,656
Thanked 8,741 Times in 7,113 Posts
Love it!

ETA..your dog is super cute!
__________________
Jan

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~


Last edited by Jan in CA : 12-06-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
nonny2t (12-06-2011)
Old 12-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
salmonmac
Moderator
Mod Squad
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,287
Thanks: 611
Thanked 3,346 Times in 3,030 Posts
Oh that turned out really well. The Fair Isle looks great and the colors are perfect on your adorable dog.
salmonmac is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to salmonmac For This Useful Post:
nonny2t (12-06-2011)
Old 12-05-2011, 11:04 PM   #6
justplaincharlotte
Working the Gusset
 
justplaincharlotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MS Gulf Coast
Posts: 1,854
Thanks: 2,734
Thanked 962 Times in 830 Posts
What a happy Fortune, nonny! Great sweater and precious little dog!
__________________
Charlotte

justcharlotte

All Needful Things Blog
"Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises." Except carpal tunnel.
- Elizabeth Zimmermann
justplaincharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to justplaincharlotte For This Useful Post:
nonny2t (12-06-2011)
Old 12-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #7
ArtLady1981
Moderator
Mod Squad
 
ArtLady1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kent, Washington
Posts: 10,470
Thanks: 5,264
Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Oh my, that is the nicest doggie sweater I've ever soon! Such wonderful work! And the colors are spectacular on him!
__________________
Knitting Help Video Index

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
nonny2t (12-09-2011)
Old 12-09-2011, 04:08 AM   #8
nonny2t
Instepping Out
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 2,778
Thanks: 423
Thanked 852 Times in 813 Posts
Thanks, he loves the darn thing for some reason. He has 2 homemade sweaters and one from the store and would always try and rub them off, eventually doing just that, but he doesn't do it with this one. Can't be the yarn, because I used the same brand, etc on the other two sweaters. Must be he like fair isle! lol How did your cat/doggy bed come out????



Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
Oh my, that is the nicest doggie sweater I've ever soon! Such wonderful work! And the colors are spectacular on him!
nonny2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:38 AM   #9
ArtLady1981
Moderator
Mod Squad
 
ArtLady1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kent, Washington
Posts: 10,470
Thanks: 5,264
Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Originally Posted by nonny2t View Post
Thanks, he loves the darn thing for some reason. He has 2 homemade sweaters and one from the store and would always try and rub them off, eventually doing just that, but he doesn't do it with this one. Can't be the yarn, because I used the same brand, etc on the other two sweaters. Must be he like fair isle! lol How did your cat/doggy bed come out????
I got really sick with the flu for ten whole days, so I haven't felted it yet!

I've read a lot of warnings about putting the knitted item inside pillow cases, or garment bags, to save your washing machine from becoming clogged with fuzz, ruined. But this unfelted doggy bed is too big for any pillow case!

Does anyone have a suggestion so I don't ruin my washing machine???
__________________
Knitting Help Video Index

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:55 AM   #10
JudyD
Turning the Heel
 
JudyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 550
Thanks: 392
Thanked 234 Times in 213 Posts
Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
I got really sick with the flu for ten whole days, so I haven't felted it yet!

I've read a lot of warnings about putting the knitted item inside pillow cases, or garment bags, to save your washing machine from becoming clogged with fuzz, ruined. But this unfelted doggy bed is too big for any pillow case!

Does anyone have a suggestion so I don't ruin my washing machine???
I'd take it to a laundromat and use one of the larger or largest machines.

Judy
JudyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fair Isle dog sweater question... Jan in CA Pattern Central 5 02-13-2009 12:27 AM
FO: Feral Fair Isle Dog Sweater AnnArrogance What'cha Knittin'? 21 02-13-2008 10:46 PM
Designing a Fair Isle Sweater sksimpson How-to Questions 2 08-04-2007 03:18 PM
FO: First KA (Feb) and First Fair Isle Dog Sweater Arielluria What'cha Knittin'? 7 03-05-2007 08:05 AM
Fair Isle Infant Sweater & Hat dewdrops What'cha Knittin'? 18 01-23-2007 01:59 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:27 PM.