Old 12-15-2011, 01:44 AM   #11
JLonier
1st Leg of the Journey

I like to mix things up. I'm a gamer in addition to being a knitter (among other things :P) so when I hit a knitting wall I'll go play my favorite MMO for awhile, or lately, Skyrim. It also helps if I change what I'm watching on TV when I knit. Presently I'm watching Battle Star Galatica while I finish up the Christmas stockings I'm working on. Fast pace show for boring knitting Other times I watch Six Feet Under or Larkrise to Candlefort when I'm in a wrap sort of mood. Dying to have that one on DVD, but it's kinda pricy for a PBS show and only reason hubby bought me BSG a couple years ago was he likes it too ... anywho, hitting a knitting wall isn't uncommon by far as other posts show. Just take a break and come back as others have said too. Hope it goes well
JLonier is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #12
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

I've been putting in a lot of hours at work because of Christmas. I just don't have the time to knit as much as I'd like lately. I was stressing out trying to get these hats done for Christmas when it suddenly occurred to me: Why am I beating myself up over this? I temporarily set them aside. They'll get done after Christmas but that's okay. In my pjs in the warm comfort of my own home, I went online to Amazon and ordered movie dvd's for the kids. I don't have to fight the crowds and long waiting lines, look for a parking spot, don't have to wrap presents and wait at the post office, and they ship it for me.
fatoldladyinpjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:23 PM   #13
Flint
Casting On

I did three big knitting/crochet projects for Christmas presents, and I just finished the last. It was definitely a marathon! I find that I work better when I have something else to focus on. I think I worked through four seasons of Top Gear, four of Doctor Who, and two seasons of my favorite radio drama! Give it a try; after a while I found that I wanted to keep working just so I had reason to keep watching!
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote