Old 12-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
afrcnlily
Casting On

Need help finishing this pattern!
I have been working on a blanket pattern, but I only know how to knit, purl, and cable. The following is in another language to me:

EDGE. Join yarn and working on short side, work 1 sc in each st, 1 s c in 1st st of cable, make a plait of cable sts and work 2 s c through plait to hold in shape then work 1 s c in last cable st, continue with 1 s c in each st. Work 3 s c in each corner and work 1 s c in every other st on long side. Work other end and side in same manner, join with a sl st.

2nd Row. Star Stitch—Ch 3, insert needle in 2nd st from hook, pull through, insert needle in next st of ch, pull through, insert needle in each of the next 2 s c, pull each loop through leaving all loops on needle, yarn over and pull through all loops on needle, ch 1 (ch 1 is called the eye of the star st) * pick up and pull loop through the eye of st just made, side loop of star st, next 2 s c, yarn over and pull through all loops on needle, ch 1, repeat from * to corner, * at corner, pick up loop in base of star st and 1 loop in next s c, repeat from * four times, work all around in same manner working all corners same as 1st corner.

3rd Row. Ch 3, pick up the 2nd and 1st st of chain, side of star st, eye of next star st, yarn over and pull through all loops on needle, ch 1, * pick up eye of star st, side of star st just made, top of star st in previous row, eye of next star st in previous row, yarn over and pull through all loops on needle, ch 1, repeat from * working the corners same as previous row.

Any suggestions on tutorials of how to do those parts? Thank you!
afrcnlily is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
Antares
Working the Gusset

Perhaps you already know this, but these directions are for crochet.

There are tons of crochet how-to videos online. Here's one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNYAyk3eD-0, but I'm sure a simple search will turn up many many more.

Good luck!
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #3
ChatyKathy
Ribbing the Cuff

I was confused also and this is crochet not knitting...took me a minute to figure out the problem. You have a pattern for crochet and trying to convert to knitting. Good luck
Old 12-12-2011, 01:17 AM   #4
DogCatMom
Knitting the Flap

Yes, these are nice, clear crochet instructions. There are videos on crochet at http://crochetville.org, vetted by the two owners of the list, so the videos are known to be clear *and correct* in instruction, clear in their camera focus, and clear in the voicing and demonstration(s).

Best wishes.

DCM
DogCatMom is offline   Reply With Quote