Old 12-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #11
JayW
Casting On

salmonmac, thanks for finding the video link for me. For sure, when my brain is less like mush because I'm trying to finish too many projects before the 25th (can you say "over achiever", boys and girls?), I'll actually enjoy dinking around with swatches to figure it out.

The 3 needle bind off is a good I-can-ace-that idea.
JayW is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #12
JayW
Casting On

Originally Posted by ChatyKathy View Post
Jay W,
What I meant to say is if you are just doing the same stitch on each side that is what makes the garter stitch. If you are just doing th knit stitch you can get the garter stitch when you flip the piece. To make the stockinette when you flip side you will do 1 side knit and the other side purl. You change the direction of the needle. Then you get the stockinette on 1 side and it looks garter on the other. I hope it makes sense, if this is what you are asking.
Kathy, you've been a big help. Thanks a bunch.

If you're ever in the Hutchinson area, drop by Yarn, a wonderful, cosy store on east 14th Ave, just around the corner off Main Street. The goodies there will make your mouth water! 'Bout any time you show up you'll find a friendly group of people sitting around a big table knitting, drinking coffee and shooting the breeze.

http://yarnthestore.com/
JayW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:46 AM   #13
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
I actually think the kitchener stitch done well over the middle section even with a little wobble right at the transition will be less noticeable than a 3 needle bind off, but the 3 needle bind off will make a seam that will look intentional and not like a wobble, so that may satisfy you more. Up to you.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:46 AM   #14
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

I once saw this expression: It's done when you can leave it alone.
fatoldladyinpjs is offline   Reply With Quote