Old 12-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
LetsMakeCupcakes
Casting On

Help! Ladder Scarf - really stuck
I'm working on a ladder scarf as a Christmas gift (at this rate, for next Christmas!). I thought I got the idea but when I came to do it realised it wasn't what I thought.

I'm on the 8th row of the pattern which says:
P2, drop next st down seven rows, *p1, k2, p2, k2, p1, drop next st down by seven rows, rep from * to last 2 sts, P2

I get that I need to essentially drop the stitch and undo it down 7 rows, but how do I then secure it to stop it unravelling further? The ladder is repeated all the way through the scarf, so this will he a big issue later when it's further from the cast on edge.

I'm too scared to do it until I know how to secure it - would really appreciate a tip!

Thanks so much
LetsMakeCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-16-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
LetsMakeCupcakes
Casting On

Hold on - brainwave! The ladders all seem to correspond to
M1 stitches, so I guess these can't unravel. Is that right? Amazing what happens when you take a quick break and look again. Of course if I'm wrong, let me know!
LetsMakeCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #3
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Yeah, in a pattern like this, the base of the dropped st is formed by a yo or inc, so it won't go any further.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote