Old 01-11-2012, 11:28 PM   #21
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Wellllll, it's not really a knitting term, but it's used a lot by people who knit.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #22
Antares
Working the Gusset

So don't leave us all in suspense. What does it mean?
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #23
suzeeq
Knit On!

Pain in the A......

Old 01-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #24
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,984 Times in 2,504 Posts
Originally Posted by Antares View Post
So don't leave us all in suspense. What does it mean?
It's a phrase that describes me to a T!

That's not to say that suzeeq used it in reference to me. She didn't. Just don't want any misconstrued interpretations here.

So anyhow, I've stopped increasing for the front of the sweater and now it's just one row after another of stockinette for a while, I won't be such a PITA till I get to putting the sleeve stitches on holders. Unless I realize I really made a mess of the neckline and have to figure out how to correct it.

Not knowing how long it will end up being I decided to pick up and knit the front bands because then I should have a better idea of the spacing for the buttonholes. If I get tired of working on it maybe it will be a really, really short sweater.

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #25
suzeeq
Knit On!

Oh no, you haven't been the pita and I don't anticipate you being one. Working the buttonbands separately and sewing them would be though. For most people, some wouldn't mind....

The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
GrumpyGramma (01-12-2012)
Old 01-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #26
ABC's Mom
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
I'm trying to find a basic top-down sweater pattern to make up with worsted weight yarn. I've looked and looked, spent hours and hours. I find top-down patterns but most are cabled, lacy, or for lighter weight yarn...or all of the above. I'm hoping for no seams. Could someone please help me? If you know of a link to a free pattern, could help me refining my search, anything at all, I would appreciate it so much. I think I'll head over to ravelry again and see if I can find something I've overlooked before. I just looked at who knows how many links at knittingpatterncentral and about a zillion that I googled. OK, a zillion is a slight exageration.

I'm tempted to crochet it; that I can do w/o a pattern. I won't though, knitting just makes a nicer sweater.
The cardigan sweater I just posted on Whatcha Knitting is a simple top down from Pure and Simple. No seams at all!!!
ABC's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ABC's Mom For This Useful Post:
GrumpyGramma (01-16-2012)
Old 02-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #27
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

Just a word of caution with the Knitting Fool generator. I used this for a baby sweater and it turned out a bit large even with the snug size. They might take into account wearing ease. You can start out with this pattern and take measurements as you go. This would be from seam to seam across the back. Multiply it by two for total chest measurement. If it might be large, eliminate one or two of the last increase sets the pattern calls for and knit it straight after that. The illustration showing the percentages was a great help. You could try making a baby or doll sweater to see how this turns out before you do a large project with good yarn, if you've never done top down sweaters before.
fatoldladyinpjs is offline   Reply With Quote