Old 01-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #11
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,595 Posts
Quote:
I notice it looks like I've dropped a stitch, even though I have the correct number of stitches on my needles.
I read this earlier and thought, I know what you're talking about. I'm still a novice knitter so I didn't reply before experienced knitters could. I've thought about it some more and it's possible you're doing an unintentional yarnover that leaves the yarn looser; or for whatever reason the stitch isn't actually knitted (or purled) and just gets moved to the right needle. I'm not always sure what I've done when I see this. I am sure it's frustrating and annoying.

Maybe you'll figure it out and I can benefit from your experience. Please?????

As for it happening in the same place, I've noticed that I tend to have stitches that are looser or I make some mistake in the same place and it seems to be a spot that I have to shift the stitches on the needles, particularly if I'm using circulars to knit back and forth rather than in the round; that one spot is troublesome.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #12
lmevans
Casting On

Thanks, everyone! I went home and took out the row I knitted last and started there. I focused on tightening the tension on the first few stitches when I switched and it seems to have done the trick! I ony had time to do a few rows, so we'll see what happens. I think part of my problem was that I was trying not to knit so tightly because I have a tendency to do that. Apparently that is common with new knitters.
lmevans is offline   Reply With Quote