Old 02-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #21
Antares
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Olha View Post
Everytime I see someone making Silvi I turn a little green with envy, then enthusiastically throw 2 bags of matching yarn onto the bed and stare at it while thinking that one day I will also make a garment that fits someone older than 5.

Great accomplishment.
Olha: I was just thinking today that eventually you WILL make something that you can wear. See, it works like this: One day your daughter will wear the same size sweater as you do, so when you make HER a sweater, YOU can wear it, too! Even if you have to steal it out of her closet while she's not looking!!
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #22
Olha
Turning the Heel

to Antares: you crack me up!
Old 02-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #23
Wanda Witch
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by laikabear View Post
Yes if you notice, my sleeves are a bit longer than necessary! Of course, it helps that I actually have mountain gorilla arms, so they are ok after all!

One thing I was bummed about is that I saw some of the more recent Sylvis have a different cuff variation - they used a variation with leaves that look really sharp. Here is one lady's - her Rav name is lux-solis. It's hard to see in the red; I know I saw a few others like it. I would have loved those cuffs! But I love my Sylvi anyway!

Now if we could just get a BRIEF cold snap down here in Los Angeles so I could wear her!
Having grown up in Los Angeles (and it still 'home' in my heart) you just might have to make a trip to Big Bear. Actually, I prefer the cuffs of your sleeves, and mine, to what I checked out on Rav with lux-soilis. The leaves are nice, but would not want to hook my thumb through the bottom. Thanks for the encouragement to finish mine. I am not slim, anymore that is, like you and somehow wonder if I would look like the side of a fire truck with etched-on flowers since I picked red yarn.
Wanda Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:56 AM   #24
laikabear
Turning the Heel

Wanda do you have a Ravelry account with photos of your Sylvi? I don't believe I've seen it but would love to!