Old 02-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #21
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Quote:
This makes it very easy to grab as a handle to pull the cord from between the stitches (at least easier than reaching between the stitches with my fingers and trying to pull out a loop of cord).
Ooooh yeah, I wouldn't do that. Just pull on the cord itself; pulling on the marker can put too much stress on the cord and the joins.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
GrumpyGramma (02-02-2012), lenaznap (02-02-2012)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #22
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,797 Times in 7,157 Posts
Yeah, I agree with Sue on pulling the marker. I just grab the cable and pull it out slowly making sure I have the correct side coming out between the stitches.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
lenaznap (02-02-2012)
Old 02-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #23
lenaznap
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by suzeeq View Post
Ooooh yeah, I wouldn't do that. Just pull on the cord itself; pulling on the marker can put too much stress on the cord and the joins.
Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Yeah, I agree with Sue on pulling the marker. I just grab the cable and pull it out slowly making sure I have the correct side coming out between the stitches.
Thanks!

I've been doing this for about a year now, luckily no mishaps, perhaps this is due to the quality of the Options cables, since I apparently have not been treating them gently.

I think fear of cable damage in the middle of a project will make me more careful going forward.
lenaznap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #24
justplaincharlotte
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
Oh, I'm so excited now!

Your item was processed through our SPRINGFIELD, MA 01152 facility on February 01, 2012 at 6:52 pm. per USPS.

My new needles are in the mail.

justcharlotte

All Needful Things Blog
"Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises." Except carpal tunnel.
- Elizabeth Zimmermann
justplaincharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #25
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,248 Times in 2,744 Posts
Quote:
I think fear of cable damage in the middle of a project will make me more careful going forward.
Guess why I'm looking at new needles? First they come apart, now this one just plain breaks. I think I might have been a little gentler on them but they weren't abused enough for parts to fail like they have. The company said there was probably an undetectable bubble in the piece that snaps into the needles.

Charlotte, Thank You! You might remember another thread where I was agonizing over spending the $$ to get the needles. Finally had the $$ and the nerve to place an order, both at the same time.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #26
justplaincharlotte
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
Guess why I'm looking at new needles? First they come apart, now this one just plain breaks. I think I might have been a little gentler on them but they weren't abused enough for parts to fail like they have. The company said there was probably an undetectable bubble in the piece that snaps into the needles. . . .
You might remember another thread where I was agonizing over spending the $$ to get the needles. Finally had the $$ and the nerve to place an order, both at the same time.

After reading how you agonize over purchases, I dare say you are the type to care for them and use them appropriately. It's not like you were hammering tips into wood or jumping rope with your circs! This was just luck of the draw I think, and unfortunately a bit of bad luck.

I do recall your agonizing over the purchase of new needles, which is why I'm so happy they're on their way to you.

justcharlotte

All Needful Things Blog
"Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises." Except carpal tunnel.
- Elizabeth Zimmermann
justplaincharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #27
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,248 Times in 2,744 Posts
Well my new needles arrived and the sweaters will remain on hold. I think I like the Cubics but would prefer them in metal, they're going to start socks for me. GD thinks I should give her the acrylic tips and if she'll learn to use them I just might, I don't think I care for them. The metal ones look like fun to use. Then I stopped at Fred Meyer and found yarn buy 2 get 1 free and couldn't pass that up, add that to the yarn I had ordered, I now have enough for 2 more projects at least. I am now a happy camper.

I realize this all seems so silly, getting upset over a snapped cord, etc., but I sure do appreciate everyone here and their great comments and suggestions. Thank you!

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote