Old 09-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #1
cair
Ribbing the Cuff

baby sweater.. directions...what to do now?
Hi! I'm knitting a leaf pattern set... newborn from knit Lace & Leaves for baby .... Page 4

I've completed everything from rows 1.... to and including left sleeve where I bound off...that would be row 29-37.

So I currently have stitches left on my circular needle... the next set of directions read:

Dividing Row: Remove point protectors and K52 (Back), place point protector on right hand point of circular needle, with empty larger size straight needle, K 34 (Right Sleeve), place point protector on remaining point of circular needle.

ok... where do I begin???.... very confused... everything looks great.. now I'm completely stumped. Where do I begin for the K52 since there are stitches left on both sides of the circular needles??? also, when I finished the first sleeve, was I suppose to cut the yarn... God, I hope so, because I did after I bound off the left sleeve! Gulp!

Thanking you in advance... hope you understand my question(s)
Warmly,
cair
cair is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,838 Posts
It looks like you're going to knit 52 stitches for the back of the sweater and leave them on the circular needle.

Then you're going to knit the 34 stitches for the right sleeve and work them on straights.

If there are stitches before the 52, then they are probably for the right front. One way to check is to count if there are the same number of stitches beyond the right sleeve as are on the circular needle before the left sleeve. Will this work with what you have?

And yes, you were supposed to cut the yarn after you finished the sleeve.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ingrid For This Useful Post:
cair (09-07-2013)
Old 09-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,461 Times in 3,138 Posts
It sounds like you must be knitting on the inside or wrong side of the sweater. It's ok that you cut the yarn from the left sleeve, just start with a new end of yarn and k52 across the back (the back should be the larger number of sts on the circular nearest the left sleeve) and when you've knit 52, cap the needle with the point protectors. You want to get to the right sleeve which will be knit on the larger straight needle. Once you've knit the 34 right sleeve sts cap the circular needle (probably it has the front sts on it) and follow the next directions for the sleeve.
http://www.amazon.com/Knit-Lace-Leav...der_1601408374
cair (09-07-2013)
Old 09-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
cair
Ribbing the Cuff

ok.... I'll see... I'll let you know... I hope I get it.
Thanks,
Warmly,
cair
Old 09-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
cair
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi Ingrid..
I'll let you know... I have to study it!!!
Thanking you in advance..
cair