Old 02-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #11
justplaincharlotte
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by kblair View Post
But what stitches? After I have "pick up and knit", then where does it want me to go to knit next?
Usually the next round.

justcharlotte

All Needful Things Blog
"Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises."
- Elizabeth Zimmermann
justplaincharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-13-2012, 01:37 AM   #12
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
Quote:
11.Knit across the remaining heel stitches. With the same needle, pick up and knit 22 (24) stitches along the heel flap. Work the stitches of the leg as established. Use an empty needle to pick up and knit 22 (24) stitches along other side of heel and knit 11 (12) heel stitches onto this needle. This is now the end of the round.
You picked up 24 along one side of the heel flap, then there should be some stitches waiting on a dpn to be worked across, these will be the top of the foot (unless this is toe up then I'm not sure what they are, part of the leg I guess), after you work those you pick up 24 more stitches along the other side of the heel. Then after you knit 12 sts from the heel onto that same needle, you start working around and around again. You should have stitches at that point over three needles like you did for the first part. (I don't know if you are working cuff down or toe up [I've never done a sock toe up])
Old 02-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #13
kblair
Casting On

Originally Posted by MerigoldinWA View Post
You picked up 24 along one side of the heel flap, then there should be some stitches waiting on a dpn to be worked across, these will be the top of the foot (unless this is toe up then I'm not sure what they are, part of the leg I guess), after you work those you pick up 24 more stitches along the other side of the heel. Then after you knit 12 sts from the heel onto that same needle, you start working around and around again. You should have stitches at that point over three needles like you did for the first part. (I don't know if you are working cuff down or toe up [I've never done a sock toe up])
Thanks, I'm in the midst of working it out
kblair is offline   Reply With Quote