Old 03-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #11
justplaincharlotte
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by salmonmac View Post

But, just a minute. For me the important question is: JPC, how did you get your husband to agree to and go to ballroom dancing classes?
Sorry so long getting back to you, Salmonmac. A business trip took me away just before you asked... I hate it when real life gets in the way of KH!

Well, oddly enough husband taught ballroom dancing in the 80's. When we first married I kept asking him to teach me to dance, but he always politely demurred, saying it wasn't a good idea for him to teach me. Back then I couldn't understand why... but I've since learned how smart a man he really is.

Fast forward to 2 years ago: A local studio offered introductory ballroom dance through community education, and we took the course and stuck with it after at the studio itself. I'm almost through my Bronze level!

I learned why it wasn't a good idea in the past 2 years. Having your husband, who used to compete in ballroom, critique your every move is such a phenomenally bad idea, but an instructor doing it is a different thing entirely. Especially when I realized just how physically unbalanced I can be.

Husband is a brave and patient man!

justcharlotte

All Needful Things Blog
"Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises." Except carpal tunnel.
- Elizabeth Zimmermann
justplaincharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #12
justplaincharlotte
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by TEMA View Post
Mostly, I do one project until it is done. I do this because my hubby would like to know that I am going to finish my project and then he doesn't mind at all the amount of money I'm spending on it.
For that matter... I have to know I will finish it too.
I guess I sort of have two projects on the go right now... but the cardigan knitting is finished and the socks just got started... still, I'm adding the little things that make the sweater come alive so I'm guessing that counts as two things.
Knitting meeting tomorrow and I have hopes of wearing the sweater... if I can finish it tonight....
Otherwise, I guess my only show and tell will be the knitted throw I finished last year...
Hmmmm... I expect that will do... no way I'm getting the buttons on tonight!
TEMA
P.S. I do have more stash than I want to have... LOL!

TEMA: how did the sweater turn out?

And I'm with you on having more stash than I want...

justcharlotte

All Needful Things Blog
"Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises." Except carpal tunnel.
- Elizabeth Zimmermann
justplaincharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote